Help Needed HELP! Early 99 7.3 stalled and won't start...

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
BTW,

How do you "load test" the batteries?

Let the parts store do that for you. The batteries have to be isolated from each other for the test. If one is bad replace them both.........

Tbar

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Tbar said,

But FWIW ? Sometimes ya gota watch the Part Store guys.. Be sure they disconnect the Batts from the truck.. and themselves. EACH batt needs to be tested... standing alone, disconnected from everything.

Joe

roozterdvx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'll pull the batts and bring them down to the parts store.
I trying to avoid driving the truck until getting it scanned, if I can.

I'm going to look into changing the UVCH's

Is there an updated/improved version and if so where to buy?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll pull the batts and bring them down to the parts store.
I trying to avoid driving the truck until getting it scanned, if I can.

I'm going to look into changing the UVCH's

Is there an updated/improved version and if so where to buy?

;tu

Removing the Batts will erace any codes in the KAM (Keep Alive Memory).. so after you get everything back together and drive yer truck.. you might wana Scan it again ?

The replacement UVCH connections are the same, but there are some clips/keepers available from Ford or IH. If they don't come with the replacements.. be sure and ask for them ?

Joe

Last edited:

roozterdvx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
;tu

Removing the Batts will erace any codes in the KAM (Keep Alive Memory).. so after you get everything back together and drive yer truck.. you might wana Scan it again ?

The replacement UVCH connections are the same, but there are some clips/keepers available from Ford or IH. If they don't come with the replacements.. be sure and ask for them ?

Joe

the KAM was probably wiped out already when I had the batts disconnected, so I will probably have to have it scanned again after putting some miles on her.

Still trying to find somebody with a scanner though...

I want to run a CCT and buzz test on the injectors.

When I got home from work yesterday, I fired her up and let her run for a while...so far so good. She sounds normal and although it cranked for a few seconds, the starter spun quick so I'm leaning towards ruling out the batteries. They're a little over 1 year old.

I still haven't driven her out of the driveway though, (afraid to get stuck and have to tow her home), I want to get her on a scanner 1st.

Last edited:

roozterdvx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok, so I bit the bullet and drove her for a bit, (close to home though just in case)

I still haven't got her scanned but...

this past weekend, I put in a new Alliant grey CPS and kept the parts store CPS as back-up
btw, the Alliant CPS looks just like the OEM original black CPS in size and shape, except that it's grey

I also emptied the tank into 5 gal containers, pulled the take and did the "Hutch" mod including an external/in-line filter

She seems to be running and driving just like before the "episode"

I still do plan on getting a scanner on her but will get some miles on her first
I just wanted to put some closure to this thread, (hate it when people don't post back after repairs)

Thanx for all the help guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14