HELP I have to work tomorrow!

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I was driving home on the highway and the engine light came on. It seemed fine but when i came to a stop light the idle when from about 800 down to about 650-675rpms. Light turned green and i made it to the next light about 2 miles away and then it chuged abit I put it in neutral and gave it gas and it slowly died even with it floored. :rant I cut the truck off and it cranked up but ran rough for 5 seconds the died again. I cut it off and tried again and it cranked up and i gave it gas and put it in drive and made it home. Lucky me it was about 400 yards from the stoplight that it stalled at. Engine light is on and it will crank but she is not happy! I did wash (simple green and water hose) the moter early this morning and had no problems until heading home about12 hours later. I drove the truck about 20 miles in between washing and stalling out. Any help would be great! This is the only truck I have and I need it for work. Thanks Guys I know you can help.;tu

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I cant check codes unfortunately. I checked the oil 3-4 days ago and was fine. Ill have to check that. I havent had that much oil leak out I hope.

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some times the hpop has somefittings that can leak and your truck sounded like it was running out of oil I'm sorry I don't really know how to help you with out a code scanner

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running out of fuel like if the fuel pump was going out shouldn't leave a cel hopefully you didn't get water in the IDM. I know some sensors you can unplug and the truck will run in default mode but I'm not sure which sensors will do that and which ones you absolutely need

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
where can I get a code reader and how much? Does anyone loan or rent them? Autoparts stores?

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I just received my Hpop O-ring kit from Dieselorings.com. I just havnt had the time to replace them. Would this help? I have had oil in the valley for a bit drainig out the back of motor.

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think auto stores can read diesel codes if you know anybody close with and edge or super chip programmer they can read codes. I think you can buy just a cheap obd II reader even at walmart but I don't know if it will read diesels or how much they are. Hopefully someone will come along that knows something useful LOL

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the orings for the IPR on the HPOP if so this may be your problem the symptoms sure sound like lack of oil preasure to the injectors and to low of preasure will set a cel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58