HELP I have to work tomorrow!

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good deal it may be just happen chance that it went out right after you washed the motor but you may want to consider being more careful if your gonna wash it again. I thought it sure sounded like your truck was running out of oil to the injectors nice to get it narrowed down though before you start throwing money at it

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
as for the code P0605: my code page tells me that that is a defective PCM (failure)

but around here it cost ~$75-90 for a flash....

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There are definitions for each code in the WIKI section of this site, above in the SDD Technical Articles Wiki.

Dave

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
....I replaced the ICP sensor and no mo engine light or stalling!....

In the past I've heard of issues with the ICP sensor after washing the engine. One person recommended putting a generous amount of diaelectric grease in the connector plug to help keep water out of the contacts.

I took that advice and have never had a related problem.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The flash refers to reprogramming the PCM. The PCM is the computer that runs the engine and other systems. It is reflashed to update it to Ford's latest program. You may not NEED reflashing. These computers do not loose the program. I doubt any reflashing will make any difference with all of your tuners and mods. You may NEVER have to reflash your PCM. Hope this clears this up for you.

Dave :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58