help me!!

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for that to be locked in, you'd have to have two systems boned up, or the cab switch is screwed up... the hubs engage with vaccum, and the transfer case has the motor...

No offense, but I'll stick with my pull lever, and quarter turn manual hubs... it only screws up if I do...

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for that to be locked in, you'd have to have two systems boned up, or the cab switch is screwed up... the hubs engage with vaccum, and the transfer case has the motor...

No offense, but I'll stick with my pull lever, and quarter turn manual hubs... it only screws up if I do...

hope you have BOOTS on before you need to engage the hubs...
theres not a damm thing wrong w/ the ESOF system...people dont
keep it clean....a few moments maint. once a year would eliminate
all the complaints...

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
hope you have BOOTS on before you need to engage the hubs...
theres not a damm thing wrong w/ the ESOF system...people dont
keep it clean....a few moments maint. once a year would eliminate
all the complaints...

Yep...................just a little maintence will go a long way.

Tbar

Steelhead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not to side track this post :sorry ........but as a new 6.0 owner, what needs to be done?

Chuck

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little forethought eliminates 90% of the need for engagement in the first place.

Actually the main reason I did it was for moving trailers around, hit the low side and you barely even need the go pedal to maneuver.

Is there a fairly reasonable way to convert the manual hub axle to the vacuum actuated hubs? I'd love to put the hubs on a up fitter switch, and still have manual control of the gears...

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
alright, alright

update: got truck back this morning. ser. mgr. got ford to pay for the whole front end hub labor and hubs to the tune of $822 and change. he called it 1 of my 2 a.w.a.'s (after warranty adjustments). according to him you get 2 per the life of the vehicle as long as it is yours (wont trasfer)... basically the hubs locked in 4h by their lonesome. not ONCE in the 3+ (almost 4 years) i have owned it have it turned the hubs. he stated that it should be done about every 1000 miles just to keep things maintained. ooooooo well, live and learn. cost me $296 for the fuel tank drop and hose replacement and to speedy sleve the rear pinion for $27.

anyone else need me to be a gineau pig for anything let me know....hahahah

Reaction score
Every 1000 miles? I've had mine engaged 3 times this week and its only wednesday. Not sure how a little foresite will help you climb over right a way and large rocks. Real funny this mornin as soon as the rain started the two guys on the job with 2wd's made a bee line for the road. Course i had to drive back across all the mud to pick up the gps base station.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I meant was if you know you're going to be needing it, lock them in before you leave the hard road... If you're trying to off road in 2wd you need more help than we can provide here! :tounge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg