Help, Need Holster Options For Sig P229R W/TLR-1

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Otay, I'm stumped :dunno :dunno :sorry

Just picked up a TLR-1 off of ebay (my 3rd ever ebay purchase) and now I'm a looking around for holsters that fit a P229R with the TLR-1.

Any ideas who makes a good CCW holster for this combo :confused: :confused:

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
It will probably be difficult to find a CCW type holster for most handguns with a rail mounted light. It is harder to conceal and not that popular from what I have seen. I've seen duty type holsters designed for rail mounted options, but not any true concealed type. Are you looking for a IWB or OWB type holster? There is always the custom made option.
:guns:

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have contact info for a saddle maker/all-around leather working guy out past Burns if you want it--from what I've seen of his work, he could probably fix you up with something custom.

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want to find something in kydex ifin at all possible, have a few inquires out there now.

johnrrogers

Old Racer
Reaction score
I saw a holster on the Guns and Ammo TV show that allowed the gun to come out the front and was used mainly for rail mount lasers. I have also been trying to find one as I have a 226 with a laser mounted underneath.

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try Galco or Fobus they make great poly holsters with the click in lock feature so you know it's secure. I dont carry a rail light on my P229 but I love the Galco holster Matrix 7 very sweet.

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out that Streamlight made the TLR so it would fit in the same duty holsters as the Insight lights so the TLR1=M3 & Blade Tech makes a couple holsters for the P229R and M3 so hopefully one of them will work.

Ordered a case of 357sig TMJ ammo and after waiting a few months received a case of GDHP ammo in exchange cuz the TJM ammo is not avaible yet.

IMG_3825.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58