HELP!! She's bleeding out!!

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire,

I couldn't find a real picture and when I try to take one it comes out real bad... here is a file I found that is like a cutaway that shows the HPOP and the bolt that I am talking about... I would bet it came loose or the o-ring is shot. That would be the first thing I would check.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Well I am dredging this one up again as I am STILL leaking a small amount of oil. I think I may have found the suspect area though. I may be the hex fitting on the HPOP just below the HPOP lines. It sits at an odd angle, but if I rub my finger on it there is a trace of oil. Now what is this fitting and how is it sealed? O-ring??? Is this part contained in the HPOP O-ring kit?? :dunno

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Fire1 said:
Well I am dredging this one up again as I am STILL leaking a small amount of oil. I think I may have found the suspect area though. I may be the hex fitting on the HPOP just below the HPOP lines. It sits at an odd angle, but if I rub my finger on it there is a trace of oil. Now what is this fitting and how is it sealed? O-ring??? Is this part contained in the HPOP O-ring kit?? :dunno
I'm kinda wondering if our 7.3 has a similar HPOP line leak as there's a drip on the left rear area of the engine coming down off the oil filter and oil pan :dunno

Wonder if Budro's been thru this ringer already?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I'm kinda wondering if our 7.3 has a similar HPOP line leak as there's a drip on the left rear area of the engine coming down off the oil filter and oil pan :dunno

Wonder if Budro's been thru this ringer already?

Nope, I have residue all over the bellhousing and back of the motor, but I never leave drippings anywhere, and oil level is always good. I believe mine is from draining the fuel bowl {without a hose attached} one day when my truck died. Thats whole nother story, I thought I had bad fuel or water in my fuel after the truck died. I would drain the fuel bowl, the truck would start and run for about 30 seconds and die again. I was about 5 miles or so from home {Allsups in Sachse} I drained the bowl about 30 times to get home 1 hour and 15 minutes later. Then I found out it was the CPS and I was just wasting fuel :confused: I never have cleaned all that up under the truck. It may be a small amount of tranny fluid also, but I've never experienced Fire1's problem

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I had a mysterous oil leak a couple of years ago that I thought was the turbo base orings. I took it into the dealer and the told me it was oil coming from the turbo boot on top of the engine............running down into the valley and out the t/c cover. They claimed that my air filter was too dirty and the additional vacuum was pulling excessive oil out of the crankcase vent.

What does your air filter look like?

Tbar

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I know there's no oil in my air intake/charge system :cool:

Someone that's more neck articulate than me might be able to locate the source of the minor oil leak,perhaps ya'll wanna take a gander at it on Saturday.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I know there's no oil in my air intake/charge system :cool:

Someone that's more neck articulate than me might be able to locate the source of the minor oil leak,perhaps ya'll wanna take a gander at it on Saturday.

Might as well bring it by on Saturday Kevin, its close there will be quite a few of us and we might be able to help you locate it. I can't wait to get this letter from the homeowners association. :cool:

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I am not sure if I'll be able to get by or not. Gotta check to see what the darling wife and kiddo have planned for my day off. What time are y'all doing all this and where are you roughly in Wylie?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
I am not sure if I'll be able to get by or not. Gotta check to see what the darling wife and kiddo have planned for my day off. What time are y'all doing all this and where are you roughly in Wylie?

We haven't talked about the time yet, I'm hoping early becuase of the heat. I'm closer to Murphy, 3/4 mile noth of the new 7-11 on 544.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
We haven't talked about the time yet, I'm hoping early becuase of the heat.

Works for me...................

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim