Help! Truck won't start!

zxsmurf

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi
First time post, I have a 06 f350 psd 4wd that I parked on the driveway and now won't start. Light s and everything work but the starter won't crank. I looked all the posts and couln't find any similar problems. Any ideas?
I removed the guts of the kitty and muffler, still looks stock and I have a SCT that I programmed back to stock thinking that maybe had something to do with it.
Was supposed to leave on vacation in the morning!
Thanks Rick

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will it spin? or wont crank?...check connections on batts, and starter, check the obvious stuff like the relays things of that sort. hopefully it will be somthin easy:sorry

zxsmurf

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Won't crank- I switched the relay and it didn't help- I can hear the relay click
but not the starter. Only has a 1000 miles on it!

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
double dawg d--mit...it just don't make sense, you don't think sct has made the computer turn something off? next question, do you have an alarm that would stop it from cranking?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your starter died. Take it in and have Ford check it out under warranty. Get the added goodies off before you take it in.

Dave

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like you got my old '77 in your drive way. the starter solinoid is bad about not clickin on to the starter. just like you everything works exept the starter. see if the wires going to it are all connected securely.

zxsmurf

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I unplugged the solenoid wire at the connection at the heater box and hooked to the positive and it fired right up. I guess I'll have to take it in but first I want to make sure there aren't any issues with the SCT and I'm getting ready to leave for the weekend ( just have to raise the hood to start it). Thanks

zxsmurf

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Also I checked every fuse and relay and nothing was bad, I'm just not getting power to the solenoid wire.????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg