help with '06 6.0

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
I recieved a new injector in the mail today from Ford. Now I have another question for you diesel fanatics. How do I go about replacing it? Is there any instructions on the web? I'm ready to dive in, just sticking my toe in the water to find out what to expect.

dpantazis

Reaction score
ashmass-

i know nothing about 6.0's and little about anything else. there is a wiki page on r&r injectors for a 94-97 psd. it might give you some ideas on what and how. it is a decent overview.

where are you again in AK? I know that there was a guy named Russ, but I don't have contact info. He lived 30 miles south of glennallen. He used to be a ford diesel mechanic and now a sustinace farmer. He helped a friend of mine a few years back. Its propably as good as saying someone in Iowa could help
someone in florida, but you never know.

good luck. let us know how you are making out.

dennis
chicago

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
I live on the Alaska Peninsula. That's the chain of islands that go west towards Russia. The only way to get here is by plane. It cost $17,000 to have my truck flown here on a cargo plane, so I can't send it off to a shop. I have to do things myself.

Vinni

I didn't do it
Reaction score
ashmass said:
I live on the Alaska Peninsula. That's the chain of islands that go west towards Russia. The only way to get here is by plane. It cost $17,000 to have my truck flown here on a cargo plane, so I can't send it off to a shop. I have to do things myself.

OUCH!!!!! Sorry, i have nothing to add constructive. I guess i thought i was the only one stuck in seclusion away from the masses. You, my friend, take the cake for sure...

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
Progress so far is new injector sitting in box on my dashboard, I opened the hood and saw nothing that resembled it, shut hood, posted questions on superdutydiesel.com. Not much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58