Hey guys

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
I know I haven't been around much recently. I also know that i flaked on some plans to meet up that i had talked with Frankenstein about. I just wanted to apologize to all for being such a stranger, and to Frankenstein for flaking on our plans to meet.

I was planning on going down to the river to do some Chukar hunting and meet up with you, but I got sick. And stayed sick. I am still sick, and the docs have found some sort of immune system problem that is pretty serious. It is currently attacking my skin in the form of the most severe psoriasis that I've ever heard of. I am head to toe in the stuff. The doc tells me I am going through 6 skins a day. It is nasty. I cannot sleep. I am falling to pieces.

The fear is that it may attack something I cannot live without next. Lungs, kidneys, etc. There is also fear of psoriatic arthritis that may become debilitating.

I recently had a common cold that put me down for 7 days straight with 102 plus fever. I thought i was going to die. I ended up in the e-room with IVs and the whole shebang.

But the worst of it all is the constant itching and burning that keeps me awake at night. I have been fighting this since may. I am not sure that i have had a decent night's sleep since.

Anyway, The main point of this was to let you guys know that i am still around, and would like to get back to gabbing a little, but have been a little pre-occupied with this whole thing.

I am on drugs right now to modulate my immune system, and the docs are hoping that i can get back to normal in 3-4 months if everything works out. I'll probably always have to take drugs (expensive ones. Like 20K a year expensive) to keep my immune system in line, but if I can get healthy again, I could care less. That's what health insurance is for.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Hang in there Hoss. I'll be "pulling" for ya.
There's gotta be light at the end of the tunnel sooner or later.

I'm laid off for the winter/non-RVing season, so I'll be around here too, more than what is good for me.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Wow...........sounds pretty awful.

Hang in there Hoss.........and get well soon!

Tbar

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That saying that every day is a blessing is true. Only when we are faced with an iffy outcome, do we realize it.
Hang in there.
Hopefully you are on the down hill slide and everything will get better.
:sweet

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
I have a very good friend who also suffers from Psoriasis and over the last couple of months he developed Psoriatic Arthritis which left him virtually crippled. He'd been trying to get on Enbrel but his insurance company was trying to NOT allow it. Fortunately for him his docs stood behind him and he is now on the Enbrel. His pain has decreased tremendously and his skin is actually beginning to clear up a little. Now whether he will continue to rally for a lengthy period of time is questionable as is how long his body will tolerate the meds. I know how he's suffered with this so I understand all too well how terrible this disease is.

I wish you the best and hope you are on the road to recovery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14