living well in Texas
Reaction score
HE's ALIVE :hail

wow man sorry to hear about the itching and other aliments
is it lime disease?

you get well

i missed you, best of all, my MIL is gone :thanks :thanks :thanks

KARMA is great
you get better and have a great holiday season (code word for Christmas)
:sly

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
I have a very good friend who also suffers from Psoriasis and over the last couple of months he developed Psoriatic Arthritis which left him virtually crippled. He'd been trying to get on Enbrel but his insurance company was trying to NOT allow it. Fortunately for him his docs stood behind him and he is now on the Enbrel. His pain has decreased tremendously and his skin is actually beginning to clear up a little. Now whether he will continue to rally for a lengthy period of time is questionable as is how long his body will tolerate the meds. I know how he's suffered with this so I understand all too well how terrible this disease is.

I wish you the best and hope you are on the road to recovery.
Unfortuneatly, Psoriasis is just a symptom of a greater evil in my case. As if the psoriasis is not bad enough. I am afraid that this could decide to kill me if it gets the proper motivation.

My Insurance won't give me Enbrel until I try chemotherapy drugs for a while. Heres to hoping that the crap they give me doesn't make my hair fall out or kill my liver. I'm not sure how long "a while" is, but I'm hoping. I am also looking forward to the day when we don't have to go through MONTHS of mideval, draconian drug therapies before the insurance company will pay for the stuff htat works.

Enbrel is an immuno modulator (as are chemotherapy drugs like Methotrexate) which is supposed to keep your immune system in check. By "in check" they mean suppressed. WHich means I get sick when i get a cold. Sick like I cannot even describe. Sick like last week when I ended up in the emergency room. Enbrel is also expensive. This is the one that is 20k plus a year. Hence the insurance company balk.

Between this and the back injury, I am not enjoying myself much right now. And the truck is falling into disrepair. When they get 180K on them, they need more work.

Goddamn clutch started slipping again last week. Don't know why, just replaced it last year. Steering is shot. So I guess my truck and i are a perfect match.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
wow man sorry to hear about the itching and other aliments
is it lime disease?

My friend teases me about it being leprocy.

Of course, i wish it were. Leprocy is easily cured with antibiotics. Auto-immune diseases are ususally a touch more chronic.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Scott,

My prayers are with you, hang tough for your own self (and your families). As far as the truck goes, I bet if you reached out to the Wa. members they would be at your disposal before the week is out.

Take care bud and God speed on your recovery.

Mike

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
My Insurance won't give me Enbrel until I try chemotherapy drugs for a while. Heres to hoping that the crap they give me doesn't make my hair fall out or kill my liver. I'm not sure how long "a while" is, but I'm hoping. I am also looking forward to the day when we don't have to go through MONTHS of mideval, draconian drug therapies before the insurance company will pay for the stuff htat works.

Enbrel is an immuno modulator (as are chemotherapy drugs like Methotrexate) which is supposed to keep your immune system in check. By "in check" they mean suppressed. WHich means I get sick when i get a cold. Sick like I cannot even describe. Sick like last week when I ended up in the emergency room. Enbrel is also expensive. This is the one that is 20k plus a year. Hence the insurance company balk.

My friend had to wait weeks before anything happened with the Enbrel. His insurance company turned him down TWICE but he kept up the fight and his doctors backed him up 100%. They wrote letters to the insurance company stating that without the Enbrel his case would only get worse to the point where he would be unable to work and carry on any kind of a normal life. He had tried many other drugs/creams, etc. and nothing worked....some of them helped a little for a short time but the disease always came back with a vengeance and it would seem to get worse every time it returned.

As a last resort he got a lawyer involved along with his doctors and the tide began to turn from that point forward with his insurance. There's definitely some major side effects to this med but I believe if it works it's worth the risk, especially after watching what my friend experienced.

Keep up the fight. Chemotherapy drugs are definitely not cheap either so it's costing money no matter how you cut it.

We'll all be pulling for you. :) :)

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Hoss, how are you feeling???? We haven't heard from you lately, just wanted to see how things are going!!! Hang in there and stay in touch!!

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Hope you are doin Better.... dont worry by the way... the chuckars all flew out the day before the season opened... then the steel head went some where else.... so all I got to do was sit and drink beer... Ifn you need a hand with the Clutch give me a buzz and maybe we could work sumpin out...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya