Hi Torque starter

JRJ04

Reaction score
on my '02...there was a small one on there. when i went to get a new one because the factory one finally crapped out, i had the choice of a rebuilt (which looked exactly like the one i had) or a brand new one...which was much bigger. it was longer.

I was in a pinch, and had to buy the rebuilt because they were out of the new ones...and it was weak...it drug and i just didnt think it turned the motor over quickly enough. So, i took it back and when they had the brand new one, I bought it and put it in, and it is much better than stock. I did this all at o'riley's. I've had it on there since May and no trouble to date.

I think it was this one that I ended up buying

Ultima Select 35154 - Starter 2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't really care what you think about me or my post. I have not intentionally posted anything untoward to you. Many people do not understand how to test dual batteries. We can not read your mind and thoughts, so we have no way of telling if you know how to test the batteries properly. That is why my post reads the way it does. I do hope you get it fixed. You might not have the help you ask for by going against the people who are trying to help you in the first place.

Dave

Deadman514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks DaveBen -I was feeling bad looking back about making a comment thinking that I was wrong or being sensitive. I realize now that I was right. All I can see from your posts is snide remarks about "read your manual", double posts and "use the search"...
By the way -if you really didn't care -you wouldn't have posted a response.

Thanks to all that had something constructive to add to my request (rather than posting to hear themselves talk or get their post count up).

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Sorry...this post just rubbed me the wrong way -suggesting I didn't test right or do my part to fix my truck. Wasn't called for IMO.
JLDickmon -I know...I shouldn't have included you in that. Thanks for catching it.

Anyway...
My truck's a daily driver. If I let it sit more than a day I'm crossing my fingers that it starts. I checked the cables, solenoids, etc. It all seems good (changed solenoids just to be sure).

I'm not sure the difference between these two (other than $200).

17802 Final Selection Page: SAASE Starter and Alternator Sales Enterprises

Ford Super Starter

Thanks for your responses (even you DaveBen -I know you meant well).

The first one is a Chinese copy of the Denso unit.

JRJ04

Reaction score
also forgot to mention that i am almost positive mine has a lifetime warranty...pretty sure but i could be wrong.

Deadman514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah...not since last time you were there...
We should all get together while the weather's nice...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14