Hiccup?

97 CREWCAB

OBS RULES!
Reaction score
Hey guys. Been a while since i've been on. With what diesel $ is now haven't been driving the oilburner that much. Anyway, i've notice that when i'm tooling down the road about 70-75 and just let of the throttle, my truck seems to Hiccup, stutter just for a second. Havent noticed any loss of performance. Just wondering where to start looking. Maybe the cam sensor?
Thanks all!!

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it. May want to get another CPS, if nothing just for a spare. Try it and see if the problem goes away. Cheers!

97 CREWCAB

OBS RULES!
Reaction score
Hiccup

Thanks guys, I'm going to give that a try. On Sat. I came to a stop and it shut off, but it started right back up. Just wanted to know if I was looking in the right direction.

hillbilly9978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how hard is that cam sensor to change out because my truck has shut off 3 times when i come to a stop but not in a row it was spaced out a few weeks each time but it has always started right back up no problem at all ...

thanks

RacerX

AMERICAN INGENUITY
Reaction score
how hard is that cam sensor to change out because my truck has shut off 3 times when i come to a stop but not in a row it was spaced out a few weeks each time but it has always started right back up no problem at all ...

thanks

Not to hard--10, 15 minutes. 1/4" drive metric sockets work best for me. Easiest to get it from the bottom. CPS is shown above the oil pump in these photos---no dirt. :eek:

hillbilly9978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well using this part number F7TZ-12K073-B i coulndnt find any place to buy one and plowhand is saying they are only 25 bucks now does anyone know where to get one because i would like to change it out

thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58