HID headlights?

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think the 4300K lights would be more yellow than the 6000K lights.

My 6000k lights are pure white. I did not want the halogen look.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
I bought my H13 bi-xenon conversion from XtraLights - 888-954-4482 Shop for HID Xenon Light Kits, Headlights, Tail & Corner Lights, LED, Mirrors. 100% plug and play and I have high beams too. I highly recommend.
And FWIW 4300K lights are the brightest. The higher up the kelvin scale you get, the dimmer and more colored the light gets.

I too did the Xtralights product and have been very happy with the end result. The ballasts had factory plugs and connectors which made install drag out to a whopping 40 min for the whole deal.

I do have an issue worth mentioning. The "bulb" housing uses elec. current to physically lift the "bulb" for high beam and when in low beam the switch just shuts off and the "bulb" clicks, or drops, back down in position. Well, with my velvety smooth front leaf springs, if I hit a pot hole or a good size crack in our Nevada highways the lights bounce (very annoying for me, and I would think for the guy infront of me). If I switch to high beams the switch kicks in and holds the "bulb" in place, but I cant cruise around with my brights on blistering peoples corneas. There are a few guys here running the same kit so I asked if they were having the same issue. One guy has actually adjusted his lenses down so that he only runs in High beam mode. The other two said they just learn to deal with it. Hmmmm I cant deal so I will figure something out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58