High EGT's and no Boost signal

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
I have a '01 had the oil leak fixed on the valve cover gaskets and now it is not running right. It did stop the oil leaks but now my Bullydog does not detect any boost it is hooked up to the PCM so the PCM is not getting a Boost signal, it will fluctuate between 0 and 1 lbs. It also reads high EGT temps like 200 to 300 degrees more than normal. I even turned the tuner down to "stock" and it would climb up to 1400 degrees pulling an empty trailer and sooted like crazy. and when I would shift it into overdrive it would seem to fall on its face, a lot less power. It seems like the turbo is spinning, it whistles like crazy but it does seem a little louder. Would it be a loose connecter and since it reads no boost its backing off the power? I am getting trouble codes, p1249, p1247, p1248 they all seem to have to do with the nonexistent boost signal. it has never blown soot at the stock tune before.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the intercooler boots & clamps. If you [HAD] the oil leak work done.. maybe one, or more boots are loose ? Intake boots too.

Joe

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
found a disconnected bot down on the right side going into the intercooler will see tomorrow if that fixes it I pretty shure it will.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58