higher egt's with new wastegate

f350 powerstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
After i installed a new bd wastegate, and i got that frickin cir clip on, i noticed higher egt's is this normal or am i on crack cain.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try tightening up the wastegate rod. it sounds like its hanging open.

f350 powerstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Problem found adjustment rod needed to be shortened found this when i pulled out turbo to install a new turbo wheel. I am not finished with this yet i will let you know how it turns out.

f350 powerstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
new turbo wheel in

I finished putting my new turbo wheel in today. Let me tell you i dropped just about every nut and bolt i had. Getting the turbo off was pretty easy, and putting on the new wheel a breeze. Getting the the v clamps back was a pain in the butt to the 10th power and beyond. I also tightened my bd wastegate and checked it out at stage 3 on the Hypertech were around 30psi. So i let the stroke cool off, and backed the wastegate a half turn i would like to be around 25to28psi.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
I finished putting my new turbo wheel in today. Let me tell you i dropped just about every nut and bolt i had. Getting the turbo off was pretty easy, and putting on the new wheel a breeze. Getting the the v clamps back was a pain in the butt to the 10th power and beyond. I also tightened my bd wastegate and checked it out at stage 3 on the Hypertech were around 30psi. So i let the stroke cool off, and backed the wastegate a half turn i would like to be around 25to28psi.

My be a stupid question, but why don't you want the truck to make 30psi? It shouldn't be hurting anything...should it?:dunno Just a question and obviously your decision, but, I think I would've left it right where it was.:sly

f350 powerstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have been told,and read where 30psi was max for a stock turbo. Besides my check engine light kept coming on. I programed my hypertech to stage 2 "60"HP,and gave it the throttle around 25psi, but i did not have the inter cooler tubes clamps tight enough and it blew open it was pretty loud. Scared the crap out of me all i could think was i lost my turbo, so that's why i backed off waste gate. Better and cheaper to be safe than sorry.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
25 is good, 5 psi more really puts more strain than it sounds on the cartidge thrust bearings. no issues with cranking it up to "play" :D

pain in the butt to the 10th power and beyond
:lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58