Hinge pins

Diesel Junkie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Whats the best way to remove and replace the hinge pins on a '97 F350 dually? She's got a lot of miles (583,000) and still running strong. She just needs some TLC.
Thanks Diesel Junkie

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
I don't remember what style of pins were in the OBS... if they are the Rivet type.. ie the top and bottom of the pins are rolled outward to keep from slipping, then I would suggest useing a dremel tool and cut away the top or bottom, then force the pin out. I would then take the remains to you local Auto parts store and get as close of a match that you can... with the Idea of you can always cut em shorter.... if the part store is no help, try and locate an auto Body paint and supply, often they will have pins.. nuts and bolt ...

Diesel Junkie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I lucked out running into an older fossil than me and between us we did the job in less than 30 minutes. The trick is to cut the pin in half with a dremel then drive out first the top then the bottom. It helps to remove the top hinge bolts on the door side and just loosen the bottom. It's quick and simple. Hope this helps someone else, Stealership say it can't be done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14