Hitch Carriers

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Anyone have one or used one? I'd like a motorcycle carrier for my SD. I have a 2010 Kawasaki KLX250s dual purpose bike. Doesnt weight much at all. I will have to get specs. I'd also like to get a normal hitch carrier like a basket type maybe use it on the front? I'd like to make a big bumper for the front anyways and puttin a reciever hitch on the front for a winch would be perfect.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have one that I picked up from Harbor Freight a few years ago. It has come in handy, nice to keep dirty stuff out of the Excursion, or to big to fit, but not so big as to need the trailer....

I have one similar to this..... I bought mine 5 or 6 years ago.....
Hitch Cargo Carrier - 500 lb. Capacity
Mine has a mesh floor, not the open floor this one has. I have carried 10+ large bags or topsoil, I have also carried a washer and dryer on it over 300 miles.... Mainly what I have found is, if it will fit on it, it will carry it.... I know that is not a fit-all statement, but it is what I have found. The only thing I have noticed with any of them, they will teter-totter on the pipe going into the receiver on the hitch... so just keep that in mind when you are loading it.....

Also.... remember these do not have lights... and depending on what you are carrying, you could cover up the lights on the truck..... Everything that I have carried has not.... but I have seen some on the road that are covered......

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I have one that I picked up from Harbor Freight a few years ago. It has come in handy, nice to keep dirty stuff out of the Excursion, or to big to fit, but not so big as to need the trailer....

I have one similar to this..... I bought mine 5 or 6 years ago.....
Hitch Cargo Carrier - 500 lb. Capacity
Mine has a mesh floor, not the open floor this one has. I have carried 10+ large bags or topsoil, I have also carried a washer and dryer on it over 300 miles.... Mainly what I have found is, if it will fit on it, it will carry it.... I know that is not a fit-all statement, but it is what I have found. The only thing I have noticed with any of them, they will teter-totter on the pipe going into the receiver on the hitch... so just keep that in mind when you are loading it.....

Also.... remember these do not have lights... and depending on what you are carrying, you could cover up the lights on the truck..... Everything that I have carried has not.... but I have seen some on the road that are covered......

I just thought it would be damn handy to have around. My cousin has one for his Lightning (You know cause it aint a "real truck" haha. He put his stand up jet ski on it so he wouldnt scratch his bed haha. I was impressed with it. One for my dual purpose motorcycle would be perfect! Easier to load than puttin in the back of my truck. Yea I thought it would def cover up my tail lights so I would put some LED tail lights back there or one of those cool tail gate strip lights that have tail lights, turn signals and back up lights in it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58