hole in steel line leading from?sensor

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
If your mfr date is 11/98, then you have what is refered to as an early 99. Beginning about 12/8/98, many changes were made throughout the truck. These trucks are refered to as 99.5's.

If you have a 2wd truck, you obviously don't have front locking hubs. I guess the majority around here have 4wd so it's common to assume that's what somebody has when you start talking about truck problems. That being the case, then the prolonged running of the vacume pump is likely due to either a dieing vacume pump or you have a vacume leak somewhere in the HVAC system (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning). If the vacume hoses at the pump are looking rather frail and cracked, that would be a good place to start looking.

komasands

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Right tail gunner, I have one of those, I don't really need 4WD in florida, unless I decide to go muddin, I'll have to look at that again, leak sounds like it could be right, all I know for sure is it keeps getting louder and running for a longer period of time.

komasands

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well I know I have had a glow plug problem for a while, maybe it just up and quit? I try not to use starting fluid at all, but one of the guys i had look at it did, scared the heck out of me, I know your not supposed to do that, I had a ford guy tell me to use WD40, and I had used that once before and it worked, does anybody know if that will hurt anything too?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
WD 40 is less volatile for sure, best bet is to get the GP system checked out.

She's posted not having any smoke or fuel odor. I don't think she's getting any fuel.:dunno

If the reservoir was low and you refilled it, did it try to fire off? Also is it empty again? If it is I would think the low pressure oil pump is bad or the the pick up tube is broken.

You need to get a scan tool on it to run a buzz test to see if the Injector Drive Module is good. If the IDM was bad it should be lighting the SES light I would think. Do you get the Wait to Start light? If not you have a fried PCM.

komasands

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No It didn't try to fire off, just turned over some, I"ll check the resevoir again, where is the low pressure pump and the pick up tube? I'm still trying to get the codes from the guy that scaned it. My ses light is not on and the wait to start light comes on as normal.

komasands

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
where's the idm fuse? i don't have a manuel for this truck so i"m not sure which fuse is which, They gave me a book on a 250, but it doesn't match my truck exactly, but some things are fairly close

mrsurpluse

mrsurpluse
Reaction score
sounds like your glow plug relay!

i had the same problem with hard staring ,it was because my glow plugs were not working . the relay is on top of the engine next to the fuel filter. there are 2 of them 1 goes to the glow plugs . they cost $40 to $80 you can buy them on line or at napa. it fixed my truck last year.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Hope you get your problem figured out............

600K :eek:

PLEASE TAKE A PIC OF THAT ODOMETER...................WE ARE GOING TO FRAME THAT!!!

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14