Holy Goodyear Bat Man..... How fst do you Go...

How often do you exceed 100mph

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingRancher

2004 F-250 King Ranch FX4
Reaction score
My 04 6.0 I drive her reg @ 75-80 on the fast road, in town speed limit for me,,, Had her up too 100 or so once but was rushing to my buddys house as he was having a heart attack :eek: She still fellt like she had some coal shute to open still though. :burnit

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
What speedo are you guys using to know you hit over 120? Or is it your best guess?

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
F350CCFX4 said:
What speedo are you guys using to know you hit over 120? Or is it your best guess?
I have used a GPS to know by RPM what my speed is ;)

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
I just don't see how you have time to be reading a GPS and doing over 120mph. As if that speed isn't unsafe enough let's look around at the scenery.

That GPS unit set to 2, 5 or 7 second delays? Could be up to 12, but most people don't have them set that high.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
F350CCFX4 said:
I just don't see how you have time to be reading a GPS and doing over 120mph. As if that speed isn't unsafe enough let's look around at the scenery.

That GPS unit set to 2, 5 or 7 second delays? Could be up to 12, but most people don't have them set that high.

It was someone else with me and at a safe location, flat road for miles, no one around, to get the RPM's specs out.

That speed isn't safe and I don't recomend anyone doing it.;)

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
with the truck a few times while in Nev, cruises real nice for a yaht.

over a 100 many times on the Autobahn and Autostrada, but not in a truck

RedBadge6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
man with the programmer all the way up and the speed limiter off, i got truck passing my buddy who was doing 110, man you can feel the rear end just of viberating, but it sure does float when going that fast.

coastdriver

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:burnit In the wife's lincoln maybe but I wasn't sane enough to remember!:sweet Never in my truck! Taking employee to emergency room after he split his head open did 90 once. Only time it even got close.

When I was young and dumb and had opportunity, had my '68 442 over 100 dang thing used to top out at 130. Of course it did it in short distance. The triumph [ISTAG I used to drive would get squirrley around 160. Man was I young and STUPID!!:sorry

Sorry! I think I am having a senior moment and fell off topic.:dunno

Inkyturbo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
i think how often you go a certain range of mph over the speed limit would have been more accurate. like:

0 to 5 over

5 to 10 over (this is where i would fit in)

10 to 15 over

15 to 20 over

and so on and so on.

JMO frank.

got no reason to go over 100, only if i was draggin on the strip!

I second that. I usually drive 70-75 mph, which is more than 2-5 mph over and less than 100. I have been over 90 though before. One odd thing I notice is the faster I go the more steady and solid the truck gets.:whah

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
I thought it was meaning 2-5mph OVER 100 so that's what I chose.

DAILY :D :D :D :D

haha sike...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg