How do you like your hash browns?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
There's a reason there are no Waffle Houses up North. Those Yankees embarass themselves by trying to put sugar on grits. Such an act is a second degree misdemeanor in four Southern states. They've hung people in Alabama for less!

whats a grit?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Call me a purist but those hash browns at waffle houses are lousy. They use frozen potato shreds (if they are real potatoes I'm shocked) and deep fry them in hydrogenated oil. The outside is crispy BUT the inside is uncooked and swimming in grease. I make hash browns with red new potatoes, butter and salt PERIOD! Cut potatoes into small chunks. In a double boiler steam them until almost soft. Preheat a large iron skillet then add butter and salt and cook the potatoes until golden brown.

Night and day of a difference. :sweet

Breakfast is now being served at hheynow's diner. :cool: C'mon down y'all. :D

Fine69

Reaction score
rray32539 said:
There's a reason there are no Waffle Houses up North. Those Yankees embarass themselves by trying to put sugar on grits. Such an act is a second degree misdemeanor in four Southern states. They've hung people in Alabama for less!

Grits! What the hell are grits?:roflmao :roflmao

Reaction score
hheynow said:
Call me a purist but those hash browns at waffle houses are lousy. They use frozen potato shreds (if they are real potatoes I'm shocked) and deep fry them in hydrogenated oil. The outside is crispy BUT the inside is uncooked and swimming in grease. I make hash browns with red new potatoes, butter and salt PERIOD! Cut potatoes into small chunks. In a double boiler steam them until almost soft. Preheat a large iron skillet then add butter and salt and cook the potatoes until golden brown.

I'm coming to your house for breakfast!!! :thumbs I'll bring my own red-draw (i.e., red beer)!:sweet

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
hheynow said:

most of the time when i eat at the waffle house, its on the road.

them there greasy hash browns taste mighty good when you've been on the road all day and your starvin like marvin.

but your recipe does sound mighty good hheynow!!!

to bad your on the LEFT coast, or i would be there in a minute to eat some.

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58