How hard is it to change out the rotors

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
can I do it without fiddling with the bearings etc. I'm gonna repack or replace them soon but I wanted to get my powerslots on tonight before our trip tommorow. Also I asked for the hawk hps pads and they sent me the lts pads for light truck and suv. Is this right. I thought everyone used the hps pads not the lts.

Alan

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Darth_Stroker said:
can I do it without fiddling with the bearings etc. I'm gonna repack or replace them soon but I wanted to get my powerslots on tonight before our trip tommorow. Also I asked for the hawk hps pads and they sent me the lts pads for light truck and suv. Is this right. I thought everyone used the hps pads not the lts.

Alan

i have hawk super duty pads with my powerslots,they work great together. i would complain about the mix up.

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
Darth_Stroker,

The LTS is the one you want, don't know if you got them from us or what but the HPS is OK, but with the weight of the truck empty the LTS is a much better compound. It will also last longer while producing a shorter stop overall.

Mark @ DPPI

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll stick with the lts pads and I'll change the rotors and pads out when I get back from the beach.

Alan

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
The Wikipedia article was great unfortunately the OBS don't come out that easy

I tried to get the hubs out tonight. I never have the right tools for the job. looks like I need a good set of snap ring pliers. What other tools are needed for this job. I saw mentioned a hub socket (can I borrow one from auto parts store or should I just buy it) whats a brass drift? is it like a brass punch with a flat nose so it doesn't hurt the studs.

I removed the caliper and the auto locker cover. Then I removed the outer snap ring and the auto locker. I'm now looking at the shaft and theres a snap ring that needs to be spread to get it over the shaft. Does this need removing to get the hub off. Is there something else I'm missing. This is turning out to be a bigger job than expected. Changing out my injectors was less trouble

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
sounds like your having a time with this job. my hats to ya for doing it yourself. i would be lost doing this job, i guess that's why i went ahead and paid 60.00 to get my new frozen rotors and hawk pads put on by someone with the right tools and knows what they are doing.

good luck

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
well I drove 20min to the three closest auto parts stores... guess which hub socket they don't have... if you guessed the one for a 97 f350 d60 with auto locking hubs you win. Had to order it, luckily it will be at the store in 2hours but now I get to drive back again to pick it up. Plus no one seems to have any brass drifts. oh well I'll make due some how. just needed to vent a little. :rant -mad I guess I'm repacking the wheel bearings since I have to remove the whole assembly anyway.

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
aaarrrggghhh...:censored: :censored: :cussing: :rant went back to town for what I thought was the right hub socket according to the book at the auto parts store...wrong again. This is getting frustrating.

If anyone has the part number and maker for a hub socket that will fit a 97 with a d60 with auto lockers I would appreciate it.

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My spindle nut socket for the front axel is 2 1/2 inch with 4 lugs.Should be the same as yours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg