How much Mod should I do?

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

I know you know who Bob Riley (Dieselsite) is.

You might want to read his comments in this thread concerning electric fans on a PSD before you get too serious about it.

FWIW,

Tom

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Great!! I am working my way through your thread but something that just occurred to me was intercoolers? Does your truck have an intercooler like mine?

I will get back when I finish reading?

Tom

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
kwazyca said:
Great!! I am working my way through your thread but something that just occurred to me was intercoolers? Does your truck have an intercooler like mine?

I will get back when I finish reading?

Tom

No, the OBS are non-intercooled, but even at that, they rely more on highway speeds, how high do your EGT's get in town traffic?

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
No, the OBS are non-intercooled, but even at that, they rely more on highway speeds, how high do your EGT's get in town traffic?

Depending on weather (105* here today)........ I would say 450*-550* today.

700* at 75 MPH

Tom

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
OK I read through that thread and I am definitely thinking now. But I still come back to intercoolers and charge air cooling. I think that is going to be the problem with the Super Duty's.

Also, I have dealt extensively with Bob Riley and I have to put a lot of weight into his opinion. Very knowledgeable guy who has apparently researched and tested this thoroughly.

For your truck (no intercooler) it sounds like a great idea. Just need some research on an intercooled PSD before I sign on.

Thanks for the info,

Tom

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ditto Tom, I am in no way saying Bob is F.O.S. But what I am saying is that there are guys out there trying stuff and I am attentively watching and awaiting the results. This is how we evolve these diesels we love so much. Someone says you cannot do things and someone tries and succeeds. Remember the injector storm over at that place a few years ago, it was said that you could not build an inexpensive injector for the 7.3L. Well, now there are several inexpensive options on the market.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
kwazyca said:
Depending on weather (105* here today)........ I would say 450*-550* today.

700* at 75 MPH

Tom
Do you know if at 75mph your clutch was engaged on your fan?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14