How times have changed

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELL SAID Hoss, WELL SAID.

Old News or Good news does'nt sell Air Time or News Print.

Thats what it's all about... the Money.

The GOOD part is.... The Real, Honest, private citizens and peopole of our country.... and our Allies, The Masses, know and understand this.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
usa.gif

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Pearl Harbor and its veterans was page one in today's Northwest Florida Daily News. With all of the military here in the Florida panhandle, thankfully you do NOT see disrespect for the flag, or for veterans that you do elsewhere. Every year we go to the Monster Truck show in Pensacola, before anything starts, the announcer asks that all active duty, reserve, guardsmen, coasties, and veterans stand up and be recognized. Then the colors are presented by the U.S. Army in a Humvee. NO ONE is disrespectful when the National Anthem is sung. I'm glad I live here with the Navy, the Air Force, and now an increasing Army presence at Eglin AFB.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in Pearl Harbor when they were filming Toro,Toro,Toro in Jan of 1969 and watched the planes come over the mountain and dive on a mock ship made for the movies. We stood on the fantail of our ship and was glad it was not real like it had been some 26 years and two months before.
I was glad when our news here in Little Rock went out and talked to three Pearl Harbor Veterans that are still alive and living in Central Arkansas.
I want to thank each of you on this list who didn't dodge the war like Bill Clinton did or like John Kerry did after he came home and turned his back on our fighting men and women still over there.
Doug

teamroper60

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hoss350,

That was one of the most eloquently written comments I have read in quite some time!! It literally made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Kudos to you and hats off to our armed forces, both past and present!!!

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with several others, it does seem that most of America is slowly forgetting about December 7th 1941 and September 11 2001. Next year will be the 5th anniversary of 9/11 and the 65th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. Let's all hope and pray that rememberances of both horrific events will be covered in greater detail by the media. Did anyone expect the liberals at CNN to mention the Pearl Harbor attacks? Even though Fox News didn't say much, at least they DID. Regarding today's politicians - they seem ever so childish and acting like spoiled brats. They'd rather spend an hour bashing someone because of differing political beliefs rather than spend five minutes trying to present a united front to the world. As noted by Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh, the recent comments by Howard Dean and John Kerry are doing nothing but "giving comfort and aid to the enemy". What would have happened to us during WWII if we'd had politicians then like we do now? Yes, the Republicans could have bashed FDR, but they stuck with him in a united front. Regarding the stories about the prisoners being tortured: So what? At least we're not chopping off their heads like they've done not only to those that were kidnapped, but probably thousands of others we'll never know about. Any torture we give them is probably not nearly as severe as the torture our men have endured in their prisons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58