How to Deal.....

Scot

;()
Reaction score
In your situation I would take a break from the alcohol. It's just a temporary fix that won't help in the long run. About 16 years ago I had a fiancé bail on me at a particularly low point in my life. At the time it sucked but after some time passed I started thinking about it this way; If she was the kind of person that would bail on me because things were rough?... Why would I want her around anyway. It's always better to break it off before you have both your names on everything. If she took off in a couple years she would be demanding you sell your truck and give here half the $ :eek: While you wait for your head to get straight, stay busy. Work as much as you can, get or stay in shape (exercise is a much better therapy than jack), play hard on your days off, don't fall into the next woman in your current frame of mind, don't take her calls or answer the door if she shows up.

As you can see by my avatar, I would also throw in a vote for dog but only if you have the time for "HIM".... Yes male dogs only, you don't need a bytch around the house right now.

Last edited:

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been in your exact shoes man, and it hurts bad. The love of my life, my soulmate, went to work one day and never returned. No explination, no nothing. We had just bought a new house and moved in literally one week earlier. She left with the clothes on her back and nothing else. Never even came back for her personal stuff. Before she walked out, life was as good as it gets, so it hit me like a ton of bricks.

One thing I can say, like everyone else, the alcohol will do nothing for you whatsoever. Wasted time and money (you could put into your PSD?) Good luck, only thing that helped me was time. Im curently engaged again (actually getting married OCT 4th LOL)

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
WOW....

lots of good info. in the aforementioned posts..so i think you can imagine what i'd say..

stay positive, stear clear of the alcohol, focus on school/job and if a pet is what brings you back together then go for it.

take care and be safe

dante59

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH BOY !!!!! That brings back some bad stuff from along time ago. I to like those before me got kicked in head , love of my life walked and i took it hard as well. MANY good word have been said before me and it's good for you to hear and THINK about. take that enregy to do something good for you ! I am sure we all have felt that pain. I'll have good thoughts for you !.. A sdd friend..
dante59. rich..

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
cant say anymore than what has already been said.but a dog may help you.mine did.many nights of cuddling and petting my dog while crying after my fiance' left after 8 years and 1 kid last april.it does get better,just takes some time unfortunately.but if it werent for my dog i may not be here typeing this.although that option still looks good at times.but now my issue is the hatred i have for her.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
The best payback (if you want a little revenge) would be to make your life better then she can fathom. When she talks to mutual friends, make sure they have nothing to talk about except how great YOU are doing.

It's not for everyone but it does feel good when you move on and she's sorry she ever left! :sly:D:doh:

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
I do feel bad for you, honestly. People have been in your shoes, and you will get past this. I was warned a long time ago by people that went to ATI 30 years ago... Watch out for them ATI girls. I have found this to be true myself.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
hey man don't wanna seem repetitious but I too had similiar problems. high school sweethear left me after 3 1/2 yrs and wound up with a buddy of mine. just drank myself to sleep for a long time and didnt finish college. but like everyone says it just takes time. those two are now married and she just turned into a B*tch and is fat so...and i'm not :tounge the best thing that helped me out was working out again it pumps up the good fellin things inside ya and works off some aggresion..i also got a dog but just stick with it man all things happen for a reason although it takes a while to see it sometimes. one thing you know is that all your brothers here at sdd are here for ya

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
Oh and if you need to get away and find yourself in Wooster, im more then willing to sit at a bar (maybe the Nickel or the Nold) and listen. My door is always open.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58