how to get more!!

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I consistantly get 15.5 mpg (calculated by me). The best I have gotten with a long drive was 16.5 mpg. How can I increase that number? I am looking into getting a cover for the bed, and looking to get the MBRP 4" exhaust (mainly for sound). What suggestions do you guys have? :dunno

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Hello,
That is right around the #'s I got, before adding a programmer, Now I consistantly hit 18.5 City Highway combined, 21.5 All highway..., however I have the 7.3 not the 6.0, From what I have read however, the results are similar.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
What a deceptive title for this thread!

It reminds me of the time when I was in the Air Force when my captain came into the office and told the staff that the wing commander honored him by asking him to be his ***ual advisor.

The captain went on to say "Well, he didn't EXACTLY say that, what he did say is if he wanted my f:censored: advice, he would ask for it!"

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
air intakes can help too, but i hear the 6.0 are pretty good, for about 500 + bux you can go with a FASS or air dog (soon to come for me)... otherwise use a programmer instead of a chip so you can remove it before you go to the dealer run it on the economy setting usually about 75 -80 hp. just my :2c

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
here's agood way to increase mpg. strip all unecessary weight. start with the pass. seat, remove rear seats, take of all the door panels, etc. the lighter you are, the better mileage you get.:roflmao :roflmao

i was just kidding!!! ya know, i kinda knew that when i got my truck, mpg was not really going to be a big concern. i knew i would be towing alot and i wanted a truck that would do the job day after day. i sure got an awesome truck in the super duty PSD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58