How to Service Front Wheel Bearing on 4x4???

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the ford sealed front bearings are known pieces of junk, based on the picture in zmann argh's sig, he'll get to change those bearings often as well. (based on the oversize tires) I love the lifted trucks, and the big tires too, but sealed bearing assemblies don't. No matter what truck they're in. Sorry.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TGIF extended warranty ...with the lift and tires included

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
so what is it that larger tires do to the front bearings or is it the offset that wreaks havoc on them

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Bigger tires stress the bearings, shocks and all of the suspension parts. The bigger the tire, the more stress is involved.

Dave

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
other than ford, wheres a good place to get new front unit bearings, is there a non 2000$ price one thats better than stock? i think i should have a spare on hand now

atk

Reaction score
other than ford, wheres a good place to get new front unit bearings, is there a non 2000$ price one thats better than stock? i think i should have a spare on hand now

almost any parts store, but watch what you get....they are usually less quality of a product....

or, you can invest in a Dyna-trac kit, but will be between 2000-2500....these are servicable, like older 4x4`s....

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
ok i know im not in the right section being i have 7.3 but i know the front hubs are basicly the same, what about warn hubs, i bought my truck use it has warn hubs, did they come with that or is that a aftermarket item,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl