Question How would you rate Performance & Reliability of 6.0 Powerstoke to Cummins, Duramax

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5R110 is 10X the trans that the 4R100 is. I have never even got a call for a replacement 5R110. I have driven chevys and dodges and in my opinon ford is the best built truck. the chevys have that junk independent front susp. and seem to burn up power window switches and the dodges have the structural integrity of a soda can. Just my 2 cents

OLD thread I see ,,
I dumped my 05 gmc 2500 hd ,, cruddy independent front suspension and modular wheel bearings ,, I literally had the whole front end replaced by the time I hit 70k .. thank god for ext warranty otherwise I would have made a truck payment twice in same months .. never went through another part on that truck however my 06 6.0 had a little ICP harness issue so far but I think it's twice the truck as my GM ( I just found a site to pull the original window sticker 51,000 $$:dizzy

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Fords have the Modular (unitary) bearings in the front end. Don't hang anybody for what everyone else is doing.

Dave

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the chevy bearings were notoriously weak ,, I havent heard the same on the ford ,, if done properly I don't have an issue with them ,, the GM version was just not up to par

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um, that goes for all automatic transmissions...............
And Chevies aren't bulletproof. I blew out the 4L60E in my 1500 a few years back, driving it gently and taking good care of it. And don't get me started on Dodge trannies.

I sell more 4L60E trannies than any other - Probably 3-4 a week

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58