http://www.diy-injectors.com

97CREWCABPSD

Smoke What Smoke Officer?
Reaction score
if i was you i wouldnt go for more than 350 hp. you can do that with some good programs on your chip

Power Stroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I see a few problems here one is do any of you have a 25,000 dollar flow bench to be able to match all 8 injectors to identicle flow rate because if you dont then there is no possible way to make your truck run right.

Ok, now lets think about this comment here for just a second, as I think it can be shot down real easy. Bean at bdp has been building injectors for how long now??? As fare as I know bean has been building and selling his injectors with NO flow bench until recently and I am not sure if he has even gotten it in yet or not??? And how many sets has Swanp built with NO flow bench???

and 2 is there is physically no way to get more than 138ccs through a stock nozzle. to reach the 140cc, 150cc, 160cc you have to change the nozzle.

Ok, I think this is another one we can shot down real quick. If what has been stated her is true then we all have been and are still being lied to by the injector builders. I believe bdp stage 1s are sold as being 160cc with the STOCK nozzles. I also believe the Baby Swamps are 150cc with stock nozzles. If these are incorrect then I ask for someone to please correct me. But if they are than I believe this shows you can get more than 138ccs through a stock nozzle or we are all being lied to by bean and swamp.

lastly any injectors over approx. 165cc you have to go to a hybrid design other wise when you create that kind of injector flow at an idle you will dump so much fuel in it will actually "flood the cylinders" with raw fuel and the engine will not run.

Now, this one I am curious about. I can not comment on this as I am not sure as to the correct answer here. I guess if this comment is correct then there will be alot of flooded cylinders out there as I know of SEVERAL buying the kit and doing the 180cc injectors.

I would actually like to see and here from the injector builders themselves on these subjects.

So, I would like to invite Bean and Swamp to please jump in here and give us the low-down as to whether these comments hold water or not.

And please correct me if I am wrong as I am not afraid to admit to it.

97CREWCABPSD

Smoke What Smoke Officer?
Reaction score
as far as the flow bench ask bean if he matches his injector sets. does he test them some how? can he guarantee that all the injectors flow exactly the same? does he know that every injector flows the same. these are presion parts yes but does that mean that there isnt a flaw in a few once and a while? i stand corrected as far as what bean uses for his 160cc nozzles the custom builders in my area that do usea flow bench have not been able to build 160ccs with out changing the nozzles. so maybe bean does some thing diff?

Last edited:

highfive

USMC HMH-465 88-94
Reaction score
These were my thoughts too, my single curiosity would be what would be modified to "flow match" the injectors anyway. All the wear parts are availalbe from Dipaco in only one size for each body type. Based on what little I know I believe the critical piece to be the VOP of the needle and condition of the nozzle holes. Replacing the worn needle spring with matching springs and new nozzles is about all that can be done, I don't believe anyone out there can match nozzles to less than say 5% but probably wrong. I would be happy to have the match I started with and unless I modify the tip don't believe I will alter that matching by enough to worry about.

Be clean and consistent and replace anything worn and I don't see how there could be a problem, yes it would be nice to have a bench so you would know they work before you re-install them and have to make a couple of tries at it but I would bet if you take your time and pay attention you might only have to pull 1 or 2 back out to see what you did wrong. I have no problem with people paying someone to do there injectors but I for one am not afraid to do it myself.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
97CREWCABPSD said:
if i was you i wouldnt go for more than 350 hp. you can do that with some good programs on your chip

I've been known to roll the dice a time or two....heck this engine had nitrous on it for a short while.:eek: :D

I'm shooting for around 400.:D

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
97CREWCABPSD said:
I see a few problems here one is do any of you have a 25,000 dollar flow bench to be able to match all 8 injectors to identicle flow rate because if you dont then there is no possible way to make your truck run right. and 2 is there is physically no way to get more than 138ccs through a stock nozzle. to reach the 140cc, 150cc, 160cc you have to change the nozzle. lastly any injectors over approx. 165cc you have to go to a hybrid design other wise when you create that kind of injector flow at an idle you will dump so much fuel in it will actually "flood the cylinders" with raw fuel and the engine will not run.

Bean still doesnt have flow bench, all 3 sets ive gotten from him have worked great. I beleive a stock nozzle flows 150cc range. Dude what are you smoking? 165+ cc and you have to go to hybrids? BS. I know several running 250cc non hybrid a codes (also running dual hpops) and many are running huge b codes (300+ cc's) none of them are flooding the cylinders.:dunno Maybe if you had huge nozzles you may have idle problems but i bet it would still run. Im not an injector guru but i know your fos and dont know what your talking about. 165cc's out of split shots and your going to have serious shortage of hpo though. The reason for hybrids is so you can get lots of fuel out and not use a whole lot of hpo. For example, my 235 cc hybrids use roughly the same amt of hpo that my 160cc stage 2's did. When you go to hybrids you loose some injection psi, but greatly increase the fuel injected. Maybe one of the injector gurus will chime in and go into more detail.

highfive

USMC HMH-465 88-94
Reaction score
lukecline said:
Bean still doesnt have flow bench, all 3 sets ive gotten from him have worked great. I beleive a stock nozzle flows 150cc range. Dude what are you smoking? 165+ cc and you have to go to hybrids? BS. I know several running 250cc non hybrid a codes (also running dual hpops) and many are running huge b codes (300+ cc's) none of them are flooding the cylinders.:dunno Maybe if you had huge nozzles you may have idle problems but i bet it would still run. Im not an injector guru but i know your fos and dont know what your talking about. 165cc's out of split shots and your going to have serious shortage of hpo though. The reason for hybrids is so you can get lots of fuel out and not use a whole lot of hpo. For example, my 235 cc hybrids use roughly the same amt of hpo that my 160cc stage 2's did. When you go to hybrids you loose some injection psi, but greatly increase the fuel injected. Maybe one of the injector gurus will chime in and go into more detail.

That's what I meant.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
im not afraid to rip into an injector myself and mod it but i would much rather have the piece of mind that if there is a problem with an injector or 2 that bean will take care of it.now dont forget that you also need to check the poppet clearances and possiblydo some machineing to get them right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl