Hub question??

Hooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is embarassing, but when I turn my hubs from "lock" to "free", I turn them to the left (counter clockwise), but my ford owners manual says they should turn right (clockwise). I jacked it up to verify because one of the was
sticking locked. Your thoughts? Oh, and I am looking at replacing them because the sticking problem has come up twice in the last year, even after I serviced them. Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Go with what it says on the HUB! Warns are the best hubs. I have had them on my Jeep and they never had any problems. When you shift into 2DW you should back up for a few feet to release any bind in the drive train. This will help you unlock the hubs

Dave :)

Hooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The markings on the hub are not readable. Hence me looking in the manual. I'll get the Warn hubs coming, that should solve both problems. Just frustrated with the manual, I drove almost 300 miles with them in. Now I'll probably need to watch the axle seals for leaks.

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
Every hub I have had is counterclockwise is unlock. I run warn premiums on my Jeep never had a problem and I am running 37" tires. And they are, last time I checked, under $150 for the superduty axle.

Hooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the Warn Premium hubs today. I'll put it up on stands this weekend and play with the OE's and see what's up.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58