Hubs????

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good aftermarket replacement auto/manual hub? I have had a lot of problems with the OEM hubs, they are not reliable.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Warn makes the great hubs. They have been making hubs for over 70 years. I don't have any idea of what truck you are referring to. Add a description of your truck in your signature so we won't have to keep asking.

Dave

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Warn makes an auto hub? I could only find a manual hub, any suggestions where I could find them?

2008 F250. 4X4 extcab.

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will definitely be getting a set of those, all metal, no plastic I am sold!!

2008 F250. 4X4 extcab.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish they would work on the 99-04 SD........ mine still work fine..... but a different option would be nice......

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am actually considering going with a full manual hub, the vaccum systems on these have a lot of weak links, my whole system is new including the hubs and at times the hubs just won't engage, I think if you just have a little bit of moisture/condensation in the lines they will freeze up, it doesn't take much, If I know I am going to need 4wd I have started just locking the hubs manually before even leaving the driveway, it's the only sure way you know your going to have it.

2008 F250, 4x4, ext cab.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am actually considering going with a full manual hub, the vaccum systems on these have a lot of weak links, my whole system is new including the hubs and at times the hubs just won't engage, I think if you just have a little bit of moisture/condensation in the lines they will freeze up, it doesn't take much, If I know I am going to need 4wd I have started just locking the hubs manually before even leaving the driveway, it's the only sure way you know your going to have it.

2008 F250, 4x4, ext cab.

This is why I will not get SOTF 4 wheel drive. I use a manual transfer case and hubs. I can get out of the truck to turn in the hubs, no matter how wet and or cold it is.

Dave ;tu

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Very true dave, a lot to be said for mechanical 4wd, years ago I had a F150 with manual gear box and manual hubs NEVER had any trouble with it, can't buy a truck with a manual set up now.

2008 F250, 4x4, ext cab.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58