HUMAN CAUSED GLOBAL WARMING, THINK IT'S A FACT??

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The Earth has its own control system to control the environment and we do not amount to a pinch of coon $#1t in comparison.

I got to thinking about a show I saw about some major volcanic eruptions that have occured over the last 300 years or so. Several times, as a result of volcanos blowing up, the world's climate was changed within a few months at the most. A volcano named Tambora erupted in the Indonesian area, caused a global cooling so bad that in the New England states, summer never happened. There was snow all summer long, crops failed, and a worldwide famine ensued. The famine and cold weather actually kick started the westward migration when people gave up on living in the northeastern U.S. and sought better lives elsewhere.

My point is that anything we can do to the planet, will be dwarfed by what Mother Nature can do to the planet. We've been "trying to screw the planet up" for how many years now? We havent come close yet to messing things up like Tambora did almost overnight when it blew up in 1815.

Even if Al Gore's global warming was true, I'd be more concerned about the next major volcanic eruption and the very sudden climatic effects it would have on our planet.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Even if Al Gore's global warming was true, I'd be more concerned about the next major volcanic eruption and the very sudden climatic effects it would have on our planet.

or the next meteor strike that just wipes us out in a matter of days

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I believe in global warming. I'm no expert on tornadoes, but what occurred on Tuesday is a wake up call. Normally tornadoes occur in early spring but with our warmer weather they have been seen in January and February. IMO the southeast coast will see it first as the gulf stream warms and hurricane intensities grow.

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I agree that the earth is "Cycling" itself, but lets take a longer look at that statement. We have only been here for a speck of time in relativity to the age of our planet. But look at the impact of that time. I'm not an Al Gore fan at all, but there has to something said for the amount of pollution created by us. To me, whats really interesting, is that we feel the temperatures were used to have always been what were used to. Maybe the changing of the seasons is something new in relative terms to the age of the planet. Perhaps what were used to is a small change in the earth thats now going in a different direction? 10,000 years is a speck of time to this planet. We have no written records or photos so who can say? So I guess we are all whizzing around at about 1000 mph on a huge ball of dirt, water, and minerals with a molten iron core. And about every 365 days we finish another rotation around our sun. Which is also irrelevent in earth time.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tail_Gunner is correct....Humans effect on the climate is very minuscule compared to natures catastrophes. Human intervention can be compared to peeing in the ocean and telling everyone that the coasts will now flood.
Climate runs in cycles as others have said. Doomsday projectors have been around way before automobiles, and most of them have remedies that if you give control to them or money to them, they will save the world.
Listen to us oldsters, because we have been here awhile and have lived through all the bull that people try to pull over our eyes over the years. Ask WD or Big Joe...they will tell you what they have learned. " and they are both kids.....:lmao

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not saying we shouldnt be careful about our individual level of
polution that we each produce....but at the same time theres NO reason
to panic !

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well, believing that we have had no effect on the ozone layer or pollution is the same as sticking your head in the sand. Really no different than saying deforestation hasn't had an effect. I'm not worried about it, but you can't say we haven't contributed.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have Good years, and Bad years.

A good Winter, a bad Winter. Wet Spring, Dry Spring. Hot Summer, Cool Summer. As compared to what ? The 50 or 75 years we've kept records ?

We have X number of Hurricanes one year. Then we have Y number the next. As compared to What ? A few years of record keeping. If we had only 2 Hurricanes one year, that hit land.. That would be The Worst Hurricane Season on record.. Based on Damage done. IMO the Worlds weather, and it's effect on Mankind, is all about the Dollar.

Bad seasons= Bad Crop years= World Disaster.

The Hole in the Ozone. Was it ALLWAYS there ? A part of the issue, no one likes to talk about.

I happened to be in Antarctica when the NSF discovered it, in the 70's. The buzz was: No one had ever looked at the Southern part of the atmosphere before, because of it's remoteness. No records or data. Had it ALLWAYS been there.. ? No one knew. But from that day forward.. We have HOLE in the Ozone layer. (Chicken Little media slant: The Sky has a HOLE in it :eek: :eek: , thing)

Still... A Questionable Scientific find, in my mind.

(We all just figured.. it was where the Planet took a Dump from.;))

We're simply in a Global Weather Cycle, and probably will be for a few more years. There's Geological proof that this kind of thing has happened before. But 10s of thousands of years of Geological proof doesn't sell Air Time. 50 0r 75 years of record keeping does.

I ain't worried. Hope you all aren't either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58