results off of a gasser on another forum:

Well, here's the semi-official result on the 5.0L F-150 truck:

Mileage without HHO: 10-11mpg
Mileage with HHO: 17-18mpg

Current draw: 7.6 amps.

ralphinnj

Lifted Dually in NJ
Reaction score
I thought you were going to do some controlled experiments. I think the real challenge here is separating all of the other changes one makes to make the HHO system work vs. the actual hydrogen/oxygen being added in. If someone could just test the system with all the settings, but no hydrogen, I think we would see some interesting results.

Ralph

ralphinnj

Lifted Dually in NJ
Reaction score
Also, when did they start making a 5L F150? I thought the options in the past were the 4.6 and the 5.4. Anyway, I had a 5.4, and it routinely got 15-16 mpg. You could eek out 17 if you took it easy and you could hemmer it and see only 10. Anyway, when the "no HHO" value comes back as the worst one could get, I get alittle suspicious. The only way to answer this HHO thing is through a controlled experiment. The HHO guys will beat on the car when they run without HHO and baby it when they do (to maximize benefit) and the non believers will be tempted to do the opposite. We need a controlled test. Anything short of that is BS.

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The 5.0l was probably the most common Ford truck engine made, simply called the 302 prior to fuel inj. Was used in pretty much all their vehicles at one time or another, especially from 1980 on.
4.6 and 5.4 started being used in 97, with the restyled f150's and light duty f250 that was around for a year or 2.
Before that, it was either the 5.0, 5.8, or the 460 for engine options.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58