Hypertech Max Energy

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I was picking up my S+B intake last night and my buddy was telling me his contacts were raving about the Hypertech programmers for the 6.4s. Supposedly, their clients are seeing 3-5 mpg gains and are very happy with the power combo. Has anyone heard anything about these? I've seen them, but I would just like some real world information on them.

The cost differential between this and the DPF Delete/Programming is vast considering I get a supplier price on the Hypertech units. I suppose I'm leaning more this way to avoid messing with the DPF/DOC units under the truck. The plan is to not have a $50k boat anchor if something goes wrong.

TIA,
Rusty

DeFord1

OU#1
Reaction score
I recently had one installed (about 4 months ago) on my '08 F250 with the 6.4TT and I love it! I don't know about gas mileage increases (heavy foot) but the power increases are amazing! You can definitely feel it when you stand on it! I would HIGHLY recommend one...just my .02

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome DeFord, I appreciate the response. I am ordering it this afternoon I believe!

The intake was a nice increase, but I think the programmer will do much much more! :sly

DeFord1

OU#1
Reaction score
What kind of gains did you see with the intake, and will it cause any problems with the dealer?

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the intake last night and filled up on my way to the office this morning. I don't know yet, but it did seem to have less lag and better throttle response. The seat of the pants meter didn't give me too much of a woohoo or anything though. It does sound better!

The programmer, HIDs and paint work are all on the docket by boating season!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Hypertech unit and like it alot. One thing I was having a programing problem and they said that if you have a aftermarket cold air intake dont run it on stage 3. The unit can overboost the motor and pop the head gasket. You can run it on stage 3 if you have the OEM air intake. It has to do with the amount of air being taken in. Call Hypertech and ask about the aftermarket cold air intake before you get it. Just my .02.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dogman,

Thanks for the tip. I will check into that. I know that was an issue with the 6.0 trucks. I'm not 100% sure that it applies to the 6.4 but it might.

Thanks,
Rusty

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.4s, knock on wood, haven't had the head gasket issues like the 6.0s. I suppose we'll see on this thing. I love the truck, I just want a bit more power when pulling my GN and mileage gains would be nice as well.

DeFord1

OU#1
Reaction score
Max Energy and intake system

I would be really like to know if there is a problem with these trucks and a programmer/cold air intake system. Unfortunately, there is no manual way to set the rev limits on the Max Energy system and the 6.4. What would be the limit on our boost?

Any help?:turbo

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58