Hypertech Max Energy

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I can boost around 35 to 36 psi on stage 3 with my 6.0. I need to be around 30 to 32 psi max. So I was playing with a pop off valve with a setting of 30 psi. It worked BUT it could not bleed off enough boost to work right. It worked like an air compressor blow off valve it just need to be bigger.

DeFord1, call Hypertech and ask them, I had too.

FordGuy100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if this is a problem with the 94-97 7.3s?

Are you asking about there head gaskets? No not really, though if you get into some serious boost numbers (I'm thinking 35+psi), then you would need to upgrade to studs and what not.

And for some reason 42psi of boost seems to stick to my brain when I think about max boost for the 6.4.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
ok, so with exhaust and a chip, I won't have to worry? Yes, 42 psi sticks in my melon for some reason also. I knew it was mid 40's

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen 40 in my truck pulling the GN up a steep grade loaded so I would think 40-42 would be about max. I don't foresee getting over that. I suppose we'll see though!

Miami64L

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just installed my Max energy today and I already have an Airaid intake, so far so good. I am running on stage 3 and it feels pretty good definately a big increase. I have yet to see 40 lbs of boost though, I know according to Ford the stock max boost is 42psi.

DeFord1

OU#1
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am really curious if there is a problem? I read earlier about the boost problem. I towed my 5th wheel this weekend and made an effort to try and max out my boost. This is the first time that I noticed that I reached app. 38 lbs of boost on an uphill climb at full throttle. If I am reaching 38 lbs. with just a programmer, what will happen if I install a cold air intake? The one that I see the most is the S&B intake system.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am really curious if there is a problem? I read earlier about the boost problem. I towed my 5th wheel this weekend and made an effort to try and max out my boost. This is the first time that I noticed that I reached app. 38 lbs of boost on an uphill climb at full throttle. If I am reaching 38 lbs. with just a programmer, what will happen if I install a cold air intake? The one that I see the most is the S&B intake system.

Be careful when installing the cold air intake. It seems like i remember reading somewhere on here that you cannot run the programmer on the highest setting with an aftermarket intake due to the risk of messing something up (blowing a head gasket maybe?). Never a bad idea to get a set of gauges for it too!:sweet

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DeFord,

I am running the S+B and my buddy puts the max energy on the max setting with the intakes all of the time. I know with my stock intake and no programming, my truck would hit 39 psi all day long loaded.

I am installing my max energy tonight (with the S+B already on there) and I will report back. I don't foresee any issues. I feel that there is quite a bit of confusion from the 6.0s that's bleeding over to the 6.4s. I haven't honestly heard hardly any issues besides mileage with these trucks - stock or modified.

Who knows though, only time will tell I suppose.

-Rusty

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64