I am ready this year - bring it on

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
As posted in this thread from last year I wasn't ready for the winter of 07'/08'.

This year I am ready :sweet

1. Back in June I installed a new boiler.

Boiler Thread.

Furnace009.jpg

2. Tonight I installed a new Pellet Stove :sweet

Stove002.jpg

Pellet stove is good for 2200 sq-ft but will only be used for living/dining/kitchen. Instructions said to run it on level 5 for three hours to burn it off. On level 5 it warmed the house up to 80º in about and hour and it has 9 levels. Outside temp is currently in the 20's so this is a 60º temp raise. Don't know what it would do on level 9 but it is now on 1 and I am still sweating. Time will tell but they say that I should use 40 lbs a day so 4.5 ton should last me the whole 225 days of winter. Have three ton stacked up in the garage so we are about set. Should have another two ton come in on the 15th of October.

3. Meat in the freezer:

huntingpictures2008029648x486.jpg

4.Heating oil tanks are full.

FuelWallet.jpg

5. Camper is winterized.

6. I even got the yard fertilized this fall before it got covered with snow.

It is nice to know that we are now ready for winter. Time to go duck hunting :D

OH wait a minute I still need to clean out the shop but heck that was on my list last year too. Maybe next year........

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
2. Tonight I installed a new Pellet Stove :sweet

Stove002.jpg

Pellet stove is good for 2200 sq-ft but will only be used for living/dining/kitchen. Instructions said to run it on level 5 for three hours to burn it off. On level 5 it warmed the house up to 80º in about and hour and it has 9 levels. Outside temp is currently in the 20's so this is a 60º temp raise. Don't know what it would do on level 9 but it is now on 1 and I am still sweating. Time will tell but they say that I should use 40 lbs a day so 4.5 ton should last me the whole 365 days of winter. Have three ton stacked up in the garage so we are about set. Should have another two ton come in on the 15th of October.

Good work Crummy!! I fixed your typo on winter though.....:tounge

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Well crap.. I guess I better order another 2.8 ton for that other 140 days I left out :doh:

I don't know what I have done. Temp setting on stove goes from 1-9 and fan goes from 1-9. I have both the temp and fan on low but the thermometer in the bedroom hall is reading 76º. I am about to melt. Outside temp is currently 21º. Guess we might use level 2 or 3 when it gets -40º. Little woman seems to like the heat but I might have to move out to the shop...........

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're at 20° and I'm thrilled that it's finally getting cooled off to the low 60° range at night around here with highs still around 80°

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Got ready not a minute too soon.

This just in 5 minutes ago:

Winter Weather Advisory For Fairbanks, AK
Statement as of 3:54 AM AKDT on October 02, 2008

...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 PM this evening to
6 am akdt Friday...

The National Weather Service in Fairbanks has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow...which is in effect from 6 PM this
evening to 6 am akdt Friday.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Snow-machines and me don't get along (sad story) and I am too old for ice skating. Winter is for work and sitting around the fire staying warm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg