I am ready this year - bring it on

yukondiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Crumm: I'm a little behid you in my prep...Woodstove chimmney needs cleaning; Firewood is still in log lenghts in the fields and the plow hasn't been ordered for the new F-350, but I will get there....NICE HEAD!...regards...joe

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Not too sure about melting the ice caps but I about melted in the house. There is still snow on the porches so I don't think the heat is escaping. I did contact the stove manufacture and they told me how to turn the feed rate down a little more when it is on setting 1 so I think I might be able to keep from melting in the future. Hopper is still over half full so I don't think this thing will even use 40 lbs a day like they say :sweet

While installing the stove I did find that my house in insulated better than I thought. When I cut the big hole through the wall there was 6" of good insulation and another 1" foil-backed hardboard insulation under the siding. Guess my high fuel costs in the past were due to the old inefficient boiler I had. With the new boiler and this stove I should be able to afford more boat gas next summer or even a new set of squirter's for Crummy :D

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
you have been busy :clap:

looks like your set up for keeping WARM and toasty ;tu

did you wax that basement floor? it sure does look shiny and clean

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I am so ready for winter. I fact, we turned the A/C off in the house last week.:dunno This year I might get a whole three weeks of winter. We are:trip to WNY for :noel and then I'll spend another week in January in the Adirondacks :smobile I can't wait for the Navy to send me back to Washington (state)

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
did you wax that basement floor? it sure does look shiny and clean
The power of a swiffer sweeper :hail But the basement is carpet, that is the second level living room. Heat from there goes up to the third level kitchen/dining and it seems to be drifting back into the upper bedrooms and bath.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
so how many inches of snow, and when did it start falling up there crumm???

alaska is the place i really want to go to, but probably wont get a chance within the next ten years.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
alaska is the place i really want to go to, but probably wont get a chance within the next ten years.

I suggest moving your plans ahead at a little faster pace, if Crummy keeps up his evil ways with that stove there'll be palm trees and Mai tais in Fairbanks within a decade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14