I got the SHAKES!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IBSTROKIN said:
Tires balanced,new shocks but still have this stubborn shake at just about any speed but worse the faster I go.Any clues? :thanks

Seems like you've tryed all the obvious stuff..... Might be Out Of Round ? Get'm shaved true. Kind of a Lost Art these dayz but some tire shops still do it. I had to get the OEM FireStones shaved to get the "HOP" out of the 2 fronts.

:dunno

JOE

IBSTROKIN

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ITS THE TIRES!Swapped out with a buddy who also has a dually and it rides good again,his rode like mine with my tires so I have narrowed it down to that.,which leads me up to my next question.On the spare tire and rim,is it a regualr rim and tire or is it like seconds or what,I am considering using that tire and just getting five more and use one of my best ones now for the spare,OR using two of the backs for the front for now and just getting three and use the spare since the backs look better than the fronts anyways.Opinions!?

Snowman269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've thought about doing the same thing & a tire guy said to run the spare on the rear. Now if you tow or load heavy often, disregard the first sentence. Tires dry out with age and the possibilty of a blowout would be higher on the older tire. How much, who knows? Heat and direct sunlight are the worst for tires. Hope this info helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58