I gotta problem boys

FusionFab

Fusion Fabrications
Reaction score
I do hear the pump kick on when key is turned on, if i drain the fuel bowl and hit the key the bowl fills back up.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
You can confirm fuel pressure by opening the fuel bowl drain valve and turning the key on. You should hear the fuel pump run and have fuel running out the drain under pressure.

Several years ago, as I started getting below a 1/2 tank, the engine started getting significantly louder. As it got closer to 1/4 it started running rough and eventually quit all together. It was almost like I ran out of fuel, but I had a hair over 1/4 tank. I put some more fuel into it and got it running again. Once I got it home, I drained and dropped the tank and opened it up. I pulled the pickup assembly out and when I went to grab the black pickup foot, it fell off in my hand. It was so loose, it would suck air around the top where it was pressed on to the assembly when the fuel level in the tank got low enough.

I then figured that this was a good time to do the "Hutch" pickup mod I had read so much about. I haven't had any fuel delivery problems since.

FusionFab

Fusion Fabrications
Reaction score
Ill check that first thing in the morn Tail gunner Ill let you know how i make out. Thanks for the advice hopefully thats my problem

FusionFab

Fusion Fabrications
Reaction score
Ok fuel pressure seems to be fine had my bud stop back by with the scanner and read code P0113 IAT sensor circut High output and also said CKT. Any ideas on where to find this sensor?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
FusionFab said:
Ok fuel pressure seems to be fine had my bud stop back by with the scanner and read code P0113 IAT sensor circut High output and also said CKT. Any ideas on where to find this sensor?

In your air cleaner assembly

FusionFab

Fusion Fabrications
Reaction score
Ok boys I found somthing strange as i was looking at the IAT sensor, I found that where it goes into airbox the grey/red stripe wire was frayed, so i looked down the line a hair and found that the insulation was melted off that wire. So here we go, In pull out the battery tray and drop drivers side inner fender well and start pulling all the tape off the big harness. That wire was burnt clean back to a connection where 5 wires go in and 2 come out about 3 inches from where the big rectangular harness connector plugs in the firewall.I called ford and they got the sensor but not sure about the plug that the sensor plugs into, they gotta hit the books. But any way is this somthing that would cause the truck not to start? I have not found a single blown fused anywhere on the truck, The strands of copper in the wire got so hot it bonded them together as on wire, I would have though a blown fuse would have been found. Ford has no explanation of why that wire would have gotten that hot to do that damage. Ill let you all know what happens when i get the replacement parts. Thanks

scotty7751

Big Daddy
Reaction score
if your buddy has the GOOD snap on scanner you can plug in and do a sensor check and get live readings while cranking and all that jazz.

FusionFab

Fusion Fabrications
Reaction score
Im not really sure ill haveta ask i know its got a buch of key cards with it for differnt vehicles, chevy, dodge, ford, mack, pete, ect. Its a hell of a thing waiting for for to located a part there not even sure they can get, glad its not my only truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg