I had a BAD day!!!!

CityGuy24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
As the title says, it was a bad day. As a few of you may know my truck has been at Ford since the 19th. I took it in to have the whistling noise checked out and the leak I had. Well, the service manager assured me they knew where the problems were and it would be taken care of. So today, I get the call that the truck is ready to pick up. Well, I had to find someone to take me to get it, so I had the g/f take off work at 3:30 to ensure we would make the 5pm closing time. Well, traffic turned out to be worse than expected and we were not going to make the 5pm closing. I call the service dept and ask if they could just leave it outside, with all the reciepts of what was done to the truck. I also, make sure to tell him not to lock it cause I only have one set of keys, which he has. Well, when I do get to ford its about 5:10pm, the truck is locked. Luckily, some of the sales managers are still around and they call pop-a-lock. After waiting and hour and thirty mins my truck is finally unlocked. So, I jump in the truck, fire it up, let it warm up a bit and start down the road. I did not get a 100 yards from the dealership when I hear a loud pop under the hood followed by a loud grinding noise. I look at all the gauges and notice I have no boost at all. So I turn around and back to Ford I go. Again luckily the sale manager was just closing up, so I get to put the truck in the service bay. So tomorrow I am calling the service manager up to see what is up with my truck now. If any of you all might have some insight, please share. I am assuming, but maybe when they were working on the whistle they didnt get everything back together properly:dunno. I was really looking forward to having my truck back, since I needed it about 3 days ago with all this weather we have been having. But I guess it will be another week or two before I get it back now. Sorry for the long thread but I just needed to vent for a minute or two.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
I am assuming, but maybe when they were working on the whistle they didnt get everything back together properly.

that would be my first guess. THAT IS A BAD DAY! best wishes for a happy friday!

dpantazis

Reaction score
d00d that sux. but better 100 yards rather than 10 miles down the road and you have to wait for a tow.

with all the time in service, why did they not give you a loaner?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be the first thing I would be asking for is a loaner. Sorry to hear about that man, sucks to hear. Hope they get it fixed for ya now.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i don't know your situation. first i have 'read' heard of your problem...

as for the 'whistle', is it just not your turbo working properly?:dunno mine makes sweet music.:notworthy
or would someone care to enlighten me on the 'whole' situation?

on the other issue(s) - that was a bad day. :eek: keep us posted

CityGuy24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It was a hose, they got that fixed today. Now I have discovered another issue. When you turn the heat on, there is a loud pop under the dash. It continues to pop while you are driving it. Any idea on what it may be?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
sounds like a midget under the floor boards wacking it w/ a bat?????

it is your vacuum door slamming shut....so ford tells me - it is normal....just annoying

CityGuy24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That is exactly what it sounds like. So how do you fix it? The truck did not do it until now when I got it back from the cab off repair.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
it is your vacuum door slamming shut....so ford tells me - it is normal....just annoying

mine is way way intermittant. it is operating normal they say. nothing they will do. it is just imo that it is a strong vaccuum and pulls the door 'flapper' closed. and i too had the cab off........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14