I had a BAD day!!!!

CityGuy24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, I might be taking the truck back to Ford Monday. It is getting frustrating, because mine does it constantly, about every minute or two. I was hoping it would be something I could repair.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is exactly what it sounds like. So how do you fix it? The truck did not do it until now when I got it back from the cab off repair.

Well, I might be taking the truck back to Ford Monday. It is getting frustrating, because mine does it constantly, about every minute or two. I was hoping it would be something I could repair.

I'm thinking it's vacuum leak too. The Blend Door (flapper) motor is vacuum operated. Sounds like it's opening to the desired position but because it doesn't have enough vacuum to keep it in position.. it's slam'n shut.. recycleing.. slam'n shut again.

From the Cab Off repair: Pinched off vacuum line ? Line not re-installed properly ? Damaged Vac line ? Or.... the Blend Door motor has gone south ?

It seems Local Ford shops don't like that repair, on warranty, cuz they halfta eat some of the (lotsa) labor in.. (lotsa) labor out costs.. to replace a low cost part (Dash removal). (according to my Local Ford Garage anyway) (JLD ?)

Now, have'n said that ? If yer taking it back Monday ? Don't let'm Grind ya Down !! It wasn't Slam'n shut.. before the Cab removal ?????

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14