i have a turbo question??????????

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I am not sure if the garrett gtp38r turbo will work on your truck I forgot that you are running a 6.0 I would still with an upgraded turbo though.

OK, which one? remember, i need it to go right to work, no need for anything else, like injectors or stuff to make it work right.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would probably go with an aurora 2000 or 3000. An aurora 5000 would probably be to much for a daily driver. I am not sure on to many other turbo options for the 6.0 besides these.

Last edited:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Stephen, the ATS turbos are going to take a custom install kit and junk. Then you'll have to get a SCT to adjust for the fact of no VGT. Call Tadd and ask about his turbos. Tadd will give you WAY better customer service than ATS! Besides, he was working at ATS when they developed the 6oh kits.

I believe best option for you is stocker, IMO. But I don't really know that much about the 6L.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Stephen, the ATS turbos are going to take a custom install kit and junk. Then you'll have to get a SCT to adjust for the fact of no VGT. Call Tadd and ask about his turbos. Tadd will give you WAY better customer service than ATS! Besides, he was working at ATS when they developed the 6oh kits.

I believe best option for you is stocker, IMO. But I don't really know that much about the 6L.

i think your right about the stocker rooster. 100% sure that is what i will do.

money is the main reason.

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
Why not go w/ the stocker, but get the upgraded housing and compressor wheel from ATS or whichever company you perfer? That's the route I'd go if I didn't have the money for a 2000 or 3000.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
update

i found a turbo today, that is the upgraded turbo for my year model.

alabama diesel injectors & turbos in henager, al

the ford dealer list it at over 1400.00, will sell to me for 1100.00

this place in henager, al will sell it to me for 950.00 plus tax (you can do the math.)

he did tell me to make sure the boots, clamps are all good. he said a bad boot will make the squeelin noise too. also to take of the air intake connected to the inlet of the turbo and move the wheel around from side to side and rotate it, to try and see if it will rubb up against the housing.

if it does, then the turbo is bad.

gonna get into it tomorrow. wish me luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl