I hope Ford reads this.....

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a tilt front, they loose alot of mounting area for electrical and such. Besides, if it were open from the side, it would be tricky to reach alot of stuff too. Only you wouldn't be leaning up against grill or sheetmetal to reach in there. I have always liked working on tractors that open like a pickup hood, but have the sides of the hood attached to them, and open nearly 90 degrees. Lots of access room. Of course it helps that the frame's only a few feet wide up front.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be sweet to have the hood open forward. Idea. OOppp never mind the wife told me don't even think of it. I already wanted to put lambo doors on the front doors. I can't stop. LOL

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
actually a cab/hood tilt would work better
that way they can fix the turbo and tranny and have a place to eat lunch
:D

FordPSD6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What is a topside creeper? Maybe I need one. I live under the hoods of our vehicles.

I've never seen the front of an H2 open.

My 84 Vette tilted and it was nice to work on. I think if the hood opened and it took the fenders and the fender liners it would give a lot of room. I have wound up sitting in the engine compartments of my kids 2 Grand Cherokees and my old F-150.

I could even live with the sides of the hood opening up like back in the 40s and 50s.

Tilt cab would be nice or even have it open like a funny car but now you're talking big expense for sure.

rynarnell

03 6.0 8.0lift on 38"s
Reaction score
the engine still sits back under the cab, so it would still be a pain i think.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Took me awhile but I thought I had seen this before. If you want a tilt hood it will set you back about 1699.00

Fiberglass Reproduction Body Panels
Look on the left side of the screen under trucks and scroll down to the year you are looking for. Don't know about the new PSD's but they have them for the OBS.
Craig

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
I think that a tilt hood would be great. It may involve extra cost, but it would save money in the long run if you have to have the cab removed for engine work after warranty. It would look freakin awsome too!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58