I just called Jasper Engines....

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bonestroker said:
where was this deal a yr ago when I spun the cam out of mine -mad

It was there....it was about a year ago when I first looked the info up. I wasn't interested enough to give them a call until I ran across a replacement costs discussion in another forum.:D

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
Ya by the time they tore mine down and found out what the prob was and a new short block I was into it 8 grand that hurt the pocket book preaty bad :censored: :cussing: plus the wifey was hotter then fire. the short block has a 1 yr warty and no miles the warty will be up on the 19 of this moth

SprintRacer26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy just put a jasper tranny in his '01 F-350. 3 year 36k mile warranty for $2500 with installation by a local shop. I know it's just a stock tranny but the price is pretty decent

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bloomington Ford replaced trannys in three of our E-350s for $2215 a pop. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Those vans caught hell....it was routine to throw 21 sheets of 5/8" drywall in them, and then stack all kinds of other materials on top....those trucks were horses and did 99% interstate miles, but the best mileage we got out of the trannys was 155K.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
s d mills said:
Personally, my work wouldn't permit it as well as once I dive into something I don't quit until I'm done. I can handle maintenance and replacing ball joints, u-joints and might even do a clutch; but, I don't have a garage, all the tools, precision instruments, and other equipment required.

Besides, I'm on call at work 24/7 and make good bucks working overtime. I'd rather work on my job and reserve my off time for stuff I enjoy doing with the family. Also consider, when I rolled my boxes out of Burton Ford in Burton, OH, back in 1981, I swore off on the heavy mechanical BS.

Money is a perpetually renewable resource....the checks magically appear bi-weekly in my bank account. Time is an altogether different matter. I just turned 60 and that gets more precious to me with each passing day.:D

I understand, just thought id throw my .02 in!

draftlover

Crybaby
Reaction score
s d mills said:
They're 50 miles south of me. Before I bought the Super Duty, I considered all possibilities....one was cost of engine replacement. Here's what they said:

$5K for complete remanufactured 7.3
$8.4K for complete remanufactured running engine.

They'll discount if I deliver the core and pick up the new one at their dock.

Those are less than what wrecked trucks are going for on eBay.

Hey put a 6.0 and a Torque Shift in that thing.:sweet Here's the links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4622447510&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4622462684&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

deeretrac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
notice they say 3,385 miles BUT the picture of the odometer shows 33851.5.
still need the wiring harness and computer and god knows what else.

Rob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58