I just found this!Is it true

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
well peter-

maybe another 3 years and it will become truth... :roflmao wow, hope ford works faster than they spread rumors....

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
and i quote

a 6.7L v8 for the 2010 model year sd. ford originally intended to use intl's 4.5L v6 'baby ps' in the f-150 and has since dropped that plan for an in-house 4.4L v6"

taken from the may issue of 'fourwheeler'

a side note
the new ford ceo alan mullaly has gone on record as stating the entire ford lineup will be revamped by 2010, showing that ford knows new product is something it desperately needs...

That is the year I was planning on getting a new truck. I don't want a first year product though. -mad That would be cool to have a 6.7 ford. Can anybody say cummins one off. :sly Ford used to build exact motors as cummins and I won't be suprised to see it again.

Edit
I just saw the 6.7 is a v8 and not an inline 6. :doh: Foget the nonsense I speak of.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
figures MSNBC couldnt manage to get the title right... anyone with a 6.4L powerstroke F-150, you better take it back...:roflmao

bigdiesel99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt we will see a new engine in the 2010MY, IMHO ;)

I believe they will, nissan has already stepped in and started a deal to put a internaional engine in the Titan. but if i were to speculate on this Ford owns Volvo and i would expect that if they make a in house diesel it will be built by volvo in one of there over sea's manufacturing plants

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
I doubt we will see a new engine in the 2010MY, IMHO ;)

It is a FACT there will be no 6.4 (as we know it now) in 2010 due to the same thing that brought the 6.0 and then the 6.4 on EPA requirements. Now what remains to be seen is who will make whos?

What makes me wonder is all of the nay sayers that are saying Ford does not have the manufacture capabilities. What about all of the plants that being phased out? Those *could* be retooled and used for an assembly plant.

I do doubt that Ford will get into the diesel production market based solely on the CEO du jour's attitude on the direction of the vehicle line. Read some of his recent interviews...

mwberg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Read the whole thread.

There is really nothing wrong with the 6.4 yet, as I believe there have only been 2-3 trucks with the famous "flaming pipe" problem.

Now, I suppose Ford *may* develop their own diesel in the future, but that remains to be seen. It takes years to design and test a new engine... -popcorn

I can remember adding a spark plug and ford coil to the back of my 55 Chevy to make it shoot flames :sly :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58