I must be getting old......

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
I think the look of a MILDLY lifted truck is fantastic. :thumbs

I only have a 2", but thats what I like. I don't like the skinny tires though. Looks silly to me.

HOWEVER.......thats the great thing about America. I can do what I like and you can do what you like. :sweet

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
it's the extra energy to overcome the drag to get, and keep, them spinning.

it's the extra torque they require to turn.

it's the extra load they put in a suspension (including wheel bearings) when deflecting over an object.

dont forget about JL's favorite subject either, it takes a good set of brakes to slow them big rims and tires down. :D

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Not only are big rims hard on suspension, they eat your brakes unless you put aftermarkets on. That's more rolling mass to try to stop.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a mild lifted fan, just enough to clear big ass ruts made by big ass equipment. Also one way that was able to justify mine was the front leafs were bowing alot after 280K on them. They are $280 a piece, got my lift for a littl3 over $600.

Now for tires I agree that it doesn't make more since to pay more for less rubber. Plus try driving thorugh little towns and having a blow out and try to find a tire to fit a rim over 17". You say thats what a spare if for but unless you upgrade that your truck will look like your driving on a flat anyway.

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only reason my left went on was to get a better ride out of my front leafs. I've grown through the lift to look good phase. Guess I'm gettin old also. !!

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I love the look of a lifted truck, wether it be for pavement princess, or a work truck. But I would NEVER put anything larger than a 20" rim on one, and even then I'd have to have 40" tires for me to like the look. I'm more than happy with my 18" wheels and 38.5" tires. Low profile tires are for sports cars and lowered trucks. Not to mention they have a harsh ride

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
Of all the people, I would have thought YOU guys would know the difference between a WHEEL and a RIM (the outer lip of a wheel)....

You know you're talking to a (relatively) young person when they call wheels "rims". Old schoolers... I've never heard one call one a "rim". Granted, I don't know all the "old" people in the world, but still.

BigBadMarine

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Laying in a wet southeast Texas rice field.
Of all the people, I would have thought YOU guys would know the difference between a WHEEL and a RIM (the outer lip of a wheel)....

You know you're talking to a (relatively) young person when they call wheels "rims". Old schoolers... I've never heard one call one a "rim". Granted, I don't know all the "old" people in the world, but still.

Hey... I occasionally watch MTV with my 14 year old daughter. You have to keep current with todays new lingo so you can understand what the heck they're talking about:cool: Heck...I just figured out what a "whip" is:oops:
I'm running 16" or maybe they're 17"...not sure....589's...about the only thing older than classic 589's is a set of steel white spoke and I ain't going back to the day of Pacers and Gremlins again.:roflmao

Last edited:

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
Fair enough, Gunny. But still. I can't imagine any of our fellow members here being 14 years old at the present time. :p

Oh, and respectfully? It's Policy not Policey.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58