I need all the input I can get!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
not needed now unless he has plans on upgradeing further.wich we all know that once you start you dont stop.its called PMS,powerstroke mod syndrome :roflmao

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
not needed now unless he has plans on upgradeing further.wich we all know that once you start you dont stop.its called PMS,powerstroke mod syndrome :roflmao

And there is no cure for it other than HP.:woot

ejpowerstroke97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No to the intercooler. Just looking for some good reliable power. My Truck only has 117,000 miles and I would like tosee 217,000 & 317,000. I like power but just can't afford all of the extra goodies.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
ejpowerstroke97 said:
So is dp-tuner the chip that all of you are running? If so I don't see the 4-pos chip on their website.
You wont be sorry contacting dptuner, Jody is the man that runs the place and is really a great guy, give them a call. He has the tunes to make your truck sing. twildman is very reputable also.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're interested in picking up any of the multi-position chips 4 & 6 positions are made jody has both but the 6 positions are more economical to make so I believe that most of the vendors have shifted to making 6 position chips but if you only want 4 different programs only put 4 on there and charge you for the programs.

You'll find that if you actually call and talk to either tony (twildman) or jody & diane @ dp tuner.

Sorry about the confusion about the abreviations. I'd only suggested the intercooler option because i've talked to many guys with intercoolers on stock injectors who noted that they almost couldn't get the egt's too high even with the injectors maxed out.

Though if you are going to get infected with PMS then there are other places that your money is better spent. namely the chip.

For the exhaust you're running the same thing that I'm running and I can manage my egt's even with an extreme chip.

smokyred

SDD Wannabe Mod #2
Reaction score
Hey ejpowerstroke97, I can't get my exhaust temps very hot with the programs I have, and I have a 0.84A/R housing, versus your 1.0 Banks housing(your housing is bigger). :cool:

I would suggest just getting a 4 or 6 position chip and build a custom intake or buy a TYMAR intake, oh and don't worry about an IC unless you do alot of towing with hot programs.

My old BD Power 80HP chip has nothing on the custom programs I have now from TWildman and Bill, though I use TWildman's BulRid8 program like 75% of the time now, mainly because of the smoke from the tires and exhaust, and seeing the boost gauge hit 30+ psi of boost like nothing. Plus the fact that it shifts much better and the shift points are higher than normal, even under light throttle(good pogram in my book) :thumbs :thumbs BulRid8 is not for anything but stock injectors though. :sorry :(

Happy modding,
Dave

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
ejpowerstroke97 said:
My Truck only has 117,000 miles and I would like tosee 217,000 & 317,000.

117K? It's just going through puberty. :D With proper maintenance 300K should be no problem.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
smokyred said:
BulRid8 is not for anything but stock injectors though. :sorry :
Clayton(Bulrid8) had Maddog injectors if I recall and had that program made to take care of some issues he was having with them. :dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl