I need HELP 7.3 oil pan change now will not idle....

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok i'm baffled..I just replaced the oil pan (cut the crossmember) also filled it with synthetic oil for the first time...truck has fuel leak at the return line...anyway it started and ran for about 45 seconds then the idle went to 1500 and the truck started to run really ruff ..it never had a high idle when cold..if i touch the brake pedel it would return to idle then go rite back up then a CEL and stall ...several times..put scanner on and it said no codes.then i got codes..i did notice it is a little over full on the stick.so i removed 2 qts there was never any bubbles on the stick.. .the only electricle parts that were touched in the prosses was i removed the starter and disconnected the batterys...and now she wont idle and runs like its only running on 4 cylinders after about 2 minuets it smothes out but it still idles at 1400 rpm until i touch the brake pedal then it idles for about 10 seconds then goes back up to 1400 rpm...now if i put it in neutural it runs as it should or i unplug the neutural safety switch i changed the neutural safety switch and it made no diffreance i also remembered that several years ago i put in a new switch and also put in a new pigtail i will opean the harness and check the connections ....here are the codes i got out of the PCM

p1280...ICP out of range
P0603...PCM Keep alive Memery
P0344 CPS Intermittent error
P1211...ICP high or low disared pressure

i am opean for any susjestions and appreaceat all...thanks...;tu

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
Dont worry about the KAM or cps codes.the KAM cide just means the batteries were disconnected.the cps code was caused by cranking with no start.

You need to find out why youre setting icp codes.check the icp sensor and plug for oil leaking through it.if oil is found,replace sensor.

Check the ipr to see if the tin nut holding the solenoid on it is loose or missing.tighten or replace if needed.

Check the fuel filter/ipr wiring harness for melted/gummy or bare wires.spilled fuel from filter changes eats the insulation on the wires.

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will not belive what it was.......

Dont worry about the KAM or cps codes.the KAM cide just means the batteries were disconnected.the cps code was caused by cranking with no start.

You need to find out why youre setting icp codes.check the icp sensor and plug for oil leaking through it.if oil is found,replace sensor.

Check the ipr to see if the tin nut holding the solenoid on it is loose or missing.tighten or replace if needed.

Check the fuel filter/ipr wiring harness for melted/gummy or bare wires.spilled fuel from filter changes eats the insulation on the wires.

I first removed the tuner i have no change then someone sujested i try it in Neutral it ran good so i assumed it was the range selictor..not....i also remembered i replaced the plug a few years ago so i unwraped the harness to check the wiring connections and rememberd i solederd and shrink wrapped them.....So i asked myself what is differant from when i started the oil pan job and the only things are the synthetic oil,the CEL light is now on ,the Brake light and ABS light are on because of the front brake line broke off when i was cutting out the crossmember....now if i push on the brake pedal it returns to ldle for 10 seconds...so i put some brake fluid in it and the brake light and abs light and the cel light all went out and it runs as it should.......GO FIGURE....ALL THOES CODS AND NOT ONE THAT SAID ADD BRAKE FLUID......IT DOSENT MAKE SENCE....now i can replace the brake line,the power steering return hose....weld up the crossmember.....then figure out what i am going to do with the fuel lined that run up the front of the motor...(factory,,,use rubber....use plastic lines or bend my own ) any susjestions......

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
Mine is rubber from the tank to the motor.make sure you use a hose rated for diesel or tranny fluid.diesel will eat gas hose.

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if the quick ends are avaible so i can connect to the stainless flex hoses or should i just remove them and go from the ends.... what is at the top for ends....doesent one go to the pump with a short rubber line... and i cannot remember whare the other one goes woulnt that be the return line......???

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
You should be able to find the quick connect fittings in the help section at autozone.

I dont remember where they go up top as everything on top of my motor is gone

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
I dont have part numbers but both lines should be 5/16 .you can cut the factory steel lines a couple inches away from the fittings and connect lines there.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
You can clamp the rubber hose onto the fuel selector valves fittings.thats how mine is done.if the truck wasnt burried in my backyard you could come yank the factory lines out of it and make them fit your truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58