I Paid $2.209 For Diesel Today

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the fuel costs going through the roof, it was a relief for me to pay $2.209 for Diesel today at the Alberson's in Wylie, TX. On the way home, I passed another station that has it for $2.599. The $2.209 was 20 cents cheaper than regular which was $2.409, midrange was $2.509, and super was $2.60.9. To all of you in California, I saw a picture of a station in SF that was selling regular for $3099/gallon. Absolutely crazy. We need to start some type of fuel revolution.

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
I'm down to 1/4 of a tank and it just jumped to $2.59, I guess I should fill up before it go's up AGAIN. I am going to find a picture of a gas station sign in California with the over $3.00 price and then stare at it while I'm getting fuel, that way I know it could be worse. ;)
I need to run up to the parts store and get a bottle of Lucas fuel treatment, I'm going to try it instead of the diesel kleen.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang - I just paid $2.459 here in the greater Rendon, Tx Metroplex... maybe I should have run over to your area !

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
Dang - I just paid $2.459 here in the greater Rendon, Tx Metroplex... maybe I should have run over to your area !

It's been that price for a long time :D

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I heard that gas (Premimun) is $4.04 per gallon further up north, on the coast. That is the highest I have ever heard.

Dave

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they keep it at that price as long as possible. When I was there this morning, there were several diesel pickups (All PSD's) that had either filled up or were waiting to fill up. Not driving the PSD much right now, we're using the Five Hundred most of the time. It's getting 22-24 mpg in our daily driving. We've had it four weeks today and have put over 3000 miles on it. The station at the NE corner of 15th and Custer in Plano has diesel for $2.659, I saw some other prices today around $2.399 and $2.439. I think diesel prices are more varied than gasoline.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
I hope they keep it at that price as long as possible. When I was there this morning, there were several diesel pickups (All PSD's) that had either filled up or were waiting to fill up. Not driving the PSD much right now, we're using the Five Hundred most of the time. It's getting 22-24 mpg in our daily driving. We've had it four weeks today and have put over 3000 miles on it. The station at the NE corner of 15th and Custer in Plano has diesel for $2.659, I saw some other prices today around $2.399 and $2.439. I think diesel prices are more varied than gasoline.
Wayne we just came from town and that Albertsons store is now $2.45,the next best is the Murphy USA on 78 at $2.32 with card,I updated both on DGP.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Wayne we just came from town and that Albertsons store is now $2.45,the next best is the Murphy USA on 78 at $2.32 with card,I updated both on DGP.
WHOA!!!! Good thing I filled up yesterday. Guess I was lucky to find it when I did. I've got to check out the Murphy Walmart. I rarely go to the one in Wylie, it's a good bit out of the way for me. The Diamond Shamrock at Los Rios & 14th usually has cheaper prices but it's so darned hard to get in and out there. Hopefully, before cold weather sets in, diesel will drop a bit before it goes back up this winter. With the current prices, I don't even want to think about what this winter will bring.

itsnotajeep

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Try driving in SAN DIEGO, CA!!!!!!!! I don't remember the last time we paid that little for fuel! THE CHEAPEST diesel we have?......$3.00/gal......MANY stations are higher!!!!!!!........I think it's actually cheaper in MEXICO!!!!!!!
....going to get the tub of vasoline now......

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14