I Paid $2.209 For Diesel Today

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
$2.59 a gallon, had to fill up yesterday, $108 for a little over 41 gallons. Droped taht on fuel yesterday and $113 for a CPS today. :nutkick:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
$2.59 a gallon, had to fill up yesterday, $108 for a little over 41 gallons. Droped taht on fuel yesterday and $113 for a CPS today. :nutkick:
I remember when I had my school bus in 1977 (the district in Louisiana where I lived required the drivers to own their buses), I was paying around 55 cents a gallon at the bulk plant for regular/premium mix. I had a 30 gallon tank and put 26 gallons in every other day on a 40 mile route. It was a 60 pass 1973 Ford B-600 with 361 V8, 4 spd trans, 2 spd rear axle. Got no more than 4 mpg. I don't even want to think about today's cost to fill it up.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
Hey Bub, keep me posted on this one, it would be worth the drive to get it at anywhere near that price. Hopefully they haven't upped it 30 or 40 cents by now. PM me if you want. I saw some prices in Plano today that were anywhere from $2.49 to $2.65/gallon. At least diesel is as cheap as, if not cheaper than, regular at most stations.
Keep an eye on THIS LIST Wayne,put it in your bookmarks :sweet

Bill :cowboy:

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
DANG yall have a much longer list of diesel stations that we have, ony 8 show up around here. There are lots of place's to get diesel farther west were all the farmers are, but around here its limited. I'm lucky that the place down the street from me has 4 diesel pumps, they get all the business from a local school bus place plus a few construction companies so they have turnover.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
One good thing about having just a few stations in your area is the fuel is always fresh especially with construction companies and school buses always filling up :sweet

The concentration of Diesel powered vehicles here is more than anywhere I've been,so it kit be found sold most everywhere.

We're getting ready to head out shopping so I'll be updating the price list in a little while.

Bill

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hheynow said:
$3.139 and rising daily... -mad This is getting waaaaaay outta hand... -mad
We could rewrite Johnny Cash's song "Five Feet High and Rising". Like this: "How high's the diesel, PaPa?" "$3.00 a gallon and rising" and so on....
Bill, thanks for the tip on the site regarding prices, it is now bookmarked. I'm gonna send it to my work e-mail and bookmark it there too.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
We could rewrite Johnny Cash's song "Five Feet High and Rising". Like this: "How high's the diesel, PaPa?" "$3.00 a gallon and rising" and so on....
Bill, thanks for the tip on the site regarding prices, it is now bookmarked. I'm gonna send it to my work e-mail and bookmark it there too.
Last year diesel stayed under $2 now it'll be under $3 but for how long -popcorn

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Last year diesel stayed under $2 now it'll be under $3 but for how long -popcorn

Then don't bother visiting Santa Rosa. We passed the $3.00 threshold a week ago... -mad Current price is $3.159 -mad :eek:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
hheynow said:
Then don't bother visiting Santa Rosa. We passed the $3.00 threshold a week ago... -mad Current price is $3.159 -mad :eek:
We'll be in Santa Rosa this January,maybe prices will have leveled off by then -popcorn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14