I Paid $2.209 For Diesel Today

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
Hopefully Hurricane Katrina won't make the prices jump too much.

I just heard on MSNBC that at 10:40 central time it has already caused a loss of 10 million gallons of production in the gulf. WE JUST THOUGHT PRICES WERE HIGH :eek:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
I just heard on MSNBC that at 10:40 central time it has already caused a loss of 10 million gallons of production in the gulf. WE JUST THOUGHT PRICES WERE HIGH :eek:
I saw a link on The Drudge Report that 25% of domestic production is in the Gulf of Mexico, so we'll probably take a big hit on prices. The early Monday trading on oil has already gone to over $70 a barrel, but later dropped to $69. Saw another article where the head of OPEC was concerned about the high prices. I think the big companies should do something. Their profits are running at record levels. Evidently the OPEC nations aren't getting much more and it's all going to the oil companies' profits. What we really need is a good old fashioned price war between the companies.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
Bill, I did some updates on the site also. Some of them are still alot higher than others though. I had a $25.00 WalMart shopping card on Friday, went to the Super Center on Lake Forest and used it for $2.349, then used $25.00 of my own $$ at $2.379. I'm waiting to see an update on the Albertson's in Frisco that was $2.24, hopefully it's still the same. I wouldn't mind driving those extra miles to save that much. Hopefully Hurricane Katrina won't make the prices jump too much.
We went by the Albertsons at Legacy Saturday and topped off for $2.24 but one things for sure it made the engine alot noisier so we may not be heading back there in the future.

Me thinks the lubrication properties are low or the fuels holding air molecules more than Murphy USA's mix.

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
We went by the Albertsons at Legacy Saturday and topped off for $2.24 but one things for sure it made the engine alot noisier so we may not be heading back there in the future.

Me thinks the lubrication properties are low or the fuels holding air molecules more than Murphy USA's mix.

I have just started using the PS Diesel Kleen so maybe if there is something like that going on thats why I didnt notice it. My engine has never been quieter. :dunno

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In and around Little Rock it is from 2.48 to 2.62. I havn't been out today, it may have gone up last night.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
bad_bad_bubba said:
I have just started using the PS Diesel Kleen so maybe if there is something like that going on thats why I didnt notice it. My engine has never been quieter. :dunno
I added another 8oz this morning to the near full tank and it seems to have calmed the racket down some.

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
Does it help your mileage? Also, where do you get it?

I dont know if it has helped yet but it for sure hasent hurt. It does quiet things down and seems to run out a little smoother getting on the hwy.
You can get it at WallyWorld

CHPMustang

Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
Does it help your mileage? Also, where do you get it?
Wayne I get Diesel Kleen from WallyWorld stores in the half gallon size Grey bottles. It does help with mileage(no numbers),power and quieting down the engine.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Gas jumped $0.20 gallon this morning. It's going to be up more by tonite the station said. :( I know it has to do with the weather that happened but can't the big oil guys take a hit like us little guys. They don't need to have record breaking profits all the time, do they???? :dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14